cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Web service and dynamic entry list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my VC mode, I have a combo box with a dynamic entry list. This entry list call a web service function which the source is :

public EntryListBean[] getEntryList() {

EntryListBean[] liste = new EntryListBean[2];

liste[0] = new EntryListBean();

liste[0].setText("1");

liste[0].setValue("Liste 1");

liste[1] = new EntryListBean();

liste[2].setText("2");

liste[1].setValue("Liste 2");

return liste;

}

In output port, i have:

VALUE -

> @value

TEXT -

> @text

When i test this function with 'Test Data Service', it work but when i deploy the model, there is nothing in the combo box. Do you have the same problem ?

I have installed NWDW v7.0 SP9 with Visual Composer patch 2.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

Did u try using dynamic entry list with a BAPI. Is that working fine?

Actually, I faced the same problem. I used a drop-down list, in which dynamic entry list works fine in case of a BAPI and appears blank in case of a webservice. I applied the latest patch files mentioned in a SAP note. People in forum asked me to do that. Its mentioned in the note that, "Dynamic entry list with webservice bug is fixed in the released patch file". But even after applying the latest patch files, it did not work for me. So, i think this bug is yet to be fixed.

Regards,

Kavitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

No, I don't use BAPI but only web service to fill the drop-down list.

Regards

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

In the CSN note 995481 it is said that, Patch 2 for SP9 has been released and it has the fix for dropdown and webservices. You will have to install patch 2 for VC and patch 5 for portal to get the complete fix. But even after applying these patch files, drop-down's dynamic entry list with web service remains a bug.. I did not get this resolved yet.

So you too try applying the patch file , restart your server and let me know if it works for you.

Kavitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

there is a similar thread here:

Best Regards,

Marcel