cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to r/3 using proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have a requirement of a file to r/3 scenario using proxy.

the client will place the file in the source system folder wherein the name of the file varies everyday i.e., AgencyNumberMMDD.dat where:-

AgencyNumber is a 5 digit number

MM is current month

DD is current date

Now in the sender file adapter, i need to give the directory path and the file name. As the file name changes everyday, how do i configure this and what should i enter in the file name field. please advice.

thanks in advance.

Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can filename as: .

or *.dat as you wish

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Message was edited by:

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

Use *.dat since your file input adapter expects only one kind of file (which is a .dat file). This way you can filter other files which are placed in that directory by mistake or intentionally for the other file adapter.

Never use . since it may pickup some unwanted files unintentionally. Use *.dat.

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Do you know the range of numbers for Agency numbers.If you have some finite no of Agency Numbers , you can use 'File name mask' feature .Check this link

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

If these are infinite or indeifnite, then only option is to use . wild character in the file name field to pick up files with any name.

Bipin