cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the XML Schemas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured a scenario to transfer Info Records from an ERP system to the SRM MDM Catalog via XI.

The XML file is successfully transferred to the Import directory on the MDM server. However, when I try to import the file to the repository I get a parsing error. This appears to be due to the fact that no XML schema is configured in the console for this port.

Although XML Schemas are listed in the console they don't actually link to an actual XSD file!

Should these XSDs be part of the standard installation?

Regards

Mark Briggs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the pointers so far.

I have configured a similar scenario and am experiencing the same import problem.

Here is a summary of where I am with a scenario to transfer product data from SRM Server 5.0 to SRM-MDM Catalog.

I have performed the XI configuration which appears to be working correctly. The SRM outbound message <b>CatalogUpdateNotification_Out</b> is split into the following 4 MDM inbound messages:

<b>MDMProductDataTransmission_In

MDMContractDataTransmission4ProductCategory_In

MDMContractDataTransmission4SupplierPartNumber_In

MDMContractDataTransmission4ProductID_In</b>

In XI each if the above messages is configured to be transferred to the corresponding <b>Ready</b> directories on the MDM server.

In the MDM Console the corresponding ports are set up with format XML Schema and a corresponding xsd name (which does not exist in the file system).

When I launch the MDM Import Manager and select Type=Port and Remote System=SRM I can see that the above 4 files have been transferred successfully as the corresponding ports are available for selection.

If I select the SRM Product Data Transmission Port I can successfully import this data. However, the other 3 ports all give a similar error to the following:

Logon Error: Failed to parse XML file

Error Message: The element 'MDMContractDataTransmission' is used but not declared in the DTD/Schema

Any thoughts as to what I am doing wrong?

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry, I do not exactly know the MDM-SRM scenario. Nevertheless I can give you a reason for this error message. The XML message you try to import does not match the XSD definition you've chosen for the port. This might have several reasons:

a) (if used) the XSLT mapping on XI does not transform the messages correctly

b) you've chosen the wrong/none XML schema for the Ports

c) the XML schema is invalid

So please check if the configured combination of XML message and XSD of the port is really correct!

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael

Thanks for your guidance. Is there any way to see or extract the delivered xsds that are stored on the database?

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

unfortunately there is no officiall way to extract or read the XSDs. Nevertheless they are stored in binary format in the database table, thus a simple SQL statement would help...

Did you have a look at the business content package? Maybe the XSDs are part of the delivered ZIP file?

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The XSDs are not shipped with business content package.

Please check note 1015201 for SRM-MDM Catalog 1.0 Patch 2 which has been released by today. Find attached to this note a ZIP file with the XSDs for this version.

I hope this will help...

Kind Regards

Bernd

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

check the Console -> <Your Repository> -> Admin -> XML Schemas. If you see some XML Schemas in the list, this means that the schemas are useable in MDM. The storage of the XSD files is the a database table. This means that the files are not visible on your local file directory (which may be a bit confusing, indeed).

In your case should have a look at the port itsself. Add the missing XSD in the port an then try again. If the error remains, please provide the error description, thus we can further help you.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

It could be that your xml file does not conform to the xsd that you have specified for the port. Please verify that.

If thats not the case then could you provide a detailed description of your error( i meant your error message).

A parsing error geneally arises if you dont have MSXML parser installed; which i doubt in your case; since you must have already created a map of Type - XML.

Also make sure that you have specified the appropriate <i><b>Type</b></i> while defining your import map. There are two different Types -- one where u specify XSD(defined in Console)as well as XML source file & the other where you only specify XML source file.

Please let me know if this helped your cause.

Regrds,

Siddharth.