cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check across several plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am an SD consultant and I try to see which solution we can implement for the following need: we want to check the stock at 2 different plants (belonging to 2 different company codes) as they were 1 plant. Meaning we want to do availability check across 2 plants. And when creating the delivery, the system should consider all batches from the 2 plants.

Is it possible to do this in SAP R/3 (via user exits)? Is it possible to do this in SAP APO?

Best regards,

Benjamin van Eeckhout

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

Normally in standard SAP, it can check stock across all the plants assigned under one company code. But since the plant is assigned at the company code and it is not possible to have one plant assigned to more than one company code, guess it is not possible in standard R/3.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu,

Thanks for your answer. I agree with you, it is not something that will work in standard R/3. Are you aware of any user exit that will do the job? Or is it something that will require SAP APO?

Best regards,

Benjamin van Eeckhout

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can only check across several plants but all of the same company, how could you transfer requirements in other way ?

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

How do you check across several plants in standard R/3?

Benjamin

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not an APO expert but many people told me that it possible the ATP across many companies, it calles Global ATP check and it a specific APO module:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/26/c2d63b18bc7e7fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

For the other question In the sales order you can simply carry out the ATP, if no availability is found in the ATP choiche screen the fourth pushbutton (other plants) opens a popup with the plants that you can check.

reward if helpful, pls.

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto

I have a similar situation where in the sales order the sysytem has to check for the stock I mean carry out the ATP but it has to carry out for different plants in the same company I have read you last reply but i couldnt understand "if no availability is found in the ATP choiche screen the fourth pushbutton (other plants) opens a popup with the plants that you can check." what it exactly means and what happens if we need 100 and plant A has 25 and plant B has 35 and Plant C has 40 how does this really workout

Please give me a brief explaination

Your help will be appreciated

Shane

Message was edited by:

shane shane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my understanding, but I hope I am wrong and someone can explain otherwise because we have the same requirement. The above posts are misleading. R/3 and APO can only check availability against a single plant at a time. APO provides the ability to, in an automated way, check one plant after another then another, in succession, trying to find a better plant from which you can satisfy the customer's request. ERP provides a user-exit where you can check what would be the result if you were to switch the plant code and try checking another plant. But nowhere (ERP nor APO) can the ATP check include inventory (or other supply and demand elements) "in unison" combining this data across all plants in one single check. Think of MD04 or CO09. These reports are providing available to promise data for a single plant code at a time. Such is availability checking in ERP and APO.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

You are right... after some investigation on my own (and asking APO experts), APO can only check one plant at a time (the kind of subsequent check: first empty the stock in plant A and then in plant B). It is not possible in standard APO to combine different plants into one virtual plant, considering the stock of two plants as belonging to one.

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do it only by APO.

regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Can you guarantee that you can do this in SAP APO? Can you mix plants from different company codes there?

We have this situation because we implemented a plant abroad, next to the existing one... but the physical place is the same. We would like to get a total picture of the stock.

Thanks.

Benjamin