Is antialiasing supported.

How can I improve the font quality?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clearing things out for me.

I will have to wait for a new sapgui release then...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please explain your problem? I use linux version without font quality problems.

Pavel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the replying late.

Font quality is not at par with other "native" linux applications that use pango and antialiasing. SAP gui fonts look jagged and different. Is this a java issue, or sapgui? Azureus, for example, that use swt and gtk widgets looks fine on linux platform.

Here's a <a href="http://www.metacom.gr/Members/mmaglis/sapgui-screenshot.png">SAP GUI screenshot</a> that makes it clear.

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is how fonts are handled by the JavaVM and is not specific to SAP GUI for Java. You might want to experiment with an unofficial switch invoking the JavaVM with -Dswing.aatext=true.

We have not deeply looked into activating anti aliasing since this seems to be really working only starting with JSE 6 (Mustang) in Suns implementations (it is nicely working with Apples JSE 1.4.2 and 5.0 implementations for Mac OS X however). For the next major version of SAP GUI for Java, we plan to support usage of JSE 6, so the look of the fonts might be improved on Linux (and Windows) then.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin