Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Export after sizecheck

janlars_goedtke
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we want to export a 4.7 system on MAXDB/WIN.

After the creation of the .STR files we want insert a breakpoint (as in 4.6 in the old .R3S files).

On AIX we can enter the SAPINST option SAPINST_SET_STEPSTATE=TRUE, on WINDOWS it doesn't work.

Can I edit the keydb.xml manually?

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rename r3load executable (e.g. to r3load.dummy).

The sapinst process will exit with an error after sizecheck because it can't find r3load executable.

When you want to restart the export just rename r3load.dummy to r3load and restart the sapinst.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

janlars_goedtke
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we want to do it, because the creation of the STR files runs 12 hours, this can be done online, the following export has to be done offline, so we need a breakpoint.

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this by editing the control.xml file, keydb.xml file will contain all the inputs provided by you.

Best Regards,

Sachin.

janlars_goedtke
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

can you tell me the position where to change it (and what)?

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

The control.xml file will be there into the installation master DVD, in this case you need to dump the installation master DVD on local drive search for control.xml file, find the parameter "SAPINST_SET_STEPSTATE" set the value you want. and then run the sapinst from local drive only.

Hope this will solve your problem, let me know if this dosent work.

Best Regards,

Sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this will be not possible by editing keydb.xml, you need to change it in control.xml and SAP dnt recommand this

by the why you want to do this?

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Sachin.