cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Exclusion Criteria[Exclusion Mask] in Sender File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement to specify multiple exclusion criteria in the 'Exclusion Mask' property of a Sender File Adapter, i.e. I need to pick up files that correspond to 111*.txt from a specified source directory, but I would also want to exclude specific individual files that go by the following names:-111ACC.txt, 111INV.txt & 111PUR.txt.

I have tried the following - Specified 111*.txt in the 'File Name' field and in the 'Exclusion Mask' field specified ACC, INV & PUR - the exclusion criteria separated by commas. But this does not seem to work. All the 111* files are getting picked up.

Have gone through a couple of weblogs that deal with exclusion masks, but they do not talk about multiple exclusion criteria.

Is there any other way I could accomplish this?

Thanks,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like there is no option currently to specify multiple exclusion parameters.

So, the other option is to specify the files that we want picked up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Thanks Satish, this is the approach that I had implemented.

-Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudarshan/Prabhu,

I have tried the 'File Name Mask' option, and it is used to specify the file names that we want picked up, and not the files that we want excluded.

-Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

I would rather suggest you to think the files which you want to pick. Does they are having any naming conventions? If you have then you can pick only those files. We dont have an option for exclusion.

So depending upon the condition of picking the files the files will be picked and the rest will be excluded.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudarshan,

Thanks, but when I include multiple exclusion parameters separated by commas, all the files get picked up. When I specify only one exclusion parameter things work as expected.

I haven't tried the . for the Filename field though...would try it and publish the results.

-Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this config.

Give *.txt in filename. and Directory as <YourDir>

In exclusion mask give 111ACC.txt

Below this there will be a table. Add two Entries

Dont add anything to FilenameMask.

Directory ->FileNameMask--->ExclusionMask

<yourDir>->--->111INV.txt

<YourDir>->--->111PUR.txt

Try this and get back.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Message was edited by:

Sudharshan Aravamudan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabu,

Thanks, but the link that you have indicated talks about a single exclusion parameter scenario. My requirement is to have multiple exclusion parameters.

-Anand

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

in the blog they have pointed out a part "Solution N° 1: use only option "File name Mask" . I hope this part wil help to resolve ur issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Try giving . in FileName and the fileNames to be excluded in Exclusion Mask.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Message was edited by:

Sudharshan Aravamudan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In file content conversion , for advanced file access parameters you can have multiple exclusion mask.111,ACK*...

With above block ,you can also see the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards

Chilla..

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

anand

did u check this <a href="/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter:///people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter ?

regds

Prabhu