cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of forecast profiles in APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP release 5.

I am trying to understand how the assignment of forecast profiles work in APO DP, transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2.

I am running forecasts at the level of product at customer. For a given selection, I am actually running two forecasts, each using a <u>different</u> forecast key figure (one forecast is based on actual history, the other on a 'cleansed' history) and so each using a different master/univariate profile.

If I run the two forecasts for my given selection, in the table of assignments in /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2, I see 2 entries, one for <u>each</u> of the two forecast key figures.

So the level of detail in the table seems to be at 'selection + forecast key figure' level.

This is exactly what I want, but is this how the system is supposed to work? The help documentation is not clear on this.

Thanks, Bob Austin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

Yes you can assign two mutually exclusive selections to two diff. forecast profiles.

Whenever you load that selection-id data in interactive planning and run the univ. forecast, it'll consider particular forecast model assigned to that selection. You can check this in tabs seen in the bottom like mode, parameters, model etc after the forecast runs.

Rgds,

Sarah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarah,

Just to be clear, what I see is that for a <u>single</u> selection, I have <u>two</u> entries in the forecast assignment table, one for each of the two forecast profiles I am using (one relating to a forecast key figure based on actual history, one relating to a forecast key figure based on cleaned history).

Regards,

Bob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

In this case, I think it’ll take the first forecast profiles for which a * is marked in forecast KF field.

Rgds,

Sarah.

Answers (0)