Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Table access] RFC with XML

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

The idea is to be able to read/write a table in the backend system (would it be R/3 or BW) from the Visual Composer.

In a first attempt, I managed to do it by creating 2 RFCs: one for reading the table, another for modifying it. It works quite well.

<u>Problem</u>

1) Let's say I want to do it for a large number of tables: Do I have to build as much RFCs as there are tables ?

In other words: Is there a way to do it generically ?

<i>-> I did it in BSP but it is much simple since we can use reference (TYPE REF TO DATA)</i>

<u>Bad idea</u>

1) Concatenate all fields in a string

-> Read: a lot of actions have to be performed to display the string in the tableview

-> Write: ok as long as there is only string fields but as soon as there is something else, it a nightmare

<u>Good Idea ?</u>

1) Let's use XML to wrap fields up. It will be quick and easy by using CALL TRANSFORMATION on the backend

<b>Question: How do we transform our XML to fit into the VC tableview ?</b>

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

I had the same problem a few months ago. There is no way to use a generic structure in VC. A workaround was my solution. I added a structure in SE11 with several strings. Each string for a column with values. This is not the best solution, but another isn't possible atm.

XML is an alternative, but I never read something about using it in VC with tables. I think there is also the problem with the generic structure. At designtime VC doesn't know the structure of the XML file. When you use queries you can use define/test data service -> execute -> generate for each model.

If somebody knows, if it is possible with XML, please give us a hint. I hope Mario will read this thread.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Answers (0)