Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNRO Change Profile Number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We need to change the default number range of profiles (automatic assignment in Profile generator) as due to a mishap i the past any new number already exists in our production system. System BW3.0b on 4.6 basis . We already assigned new numbers in trx SNRO, but this has no effect, do we need to restart sytem for this change to take effect or is there any other thing we could have missed, does anyone have a document how to do this?

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there really no one who knows this??

Former Member

0 Kudos

Soma

sorr we reqd taht already, but this does not solve our problem.

Do we have to reboot before thsi becomes effective?

0 Kudos

Hi Visser,

Can you let me know the what steps you have followed.

It will be useful to identify.

Cheers

Soma

0 Kudos

Soma

we went to SNRO selected object Prof_varis than to button change , clicked away "Dailog box make urgent repairs etc" then to button number ranges.Then cerated number ranges :

No from number to number curent number

1 300000 500000 300001

2 600000 700000 600001

3 000001 299999 299999

Lats two only created after the first failures.

Then save. Fist time the sytem asked for a transport. Next times we got dialog box about no automatic transport and clicked that away.

if we now go to the profile generator and creat new role in authorisation tab we click on create profile the automatic generated number = T-DD210229 and we want thsi to be abv bove 300000.

Why is this not working??

Any help is much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Auke Visser ,

Without the Number range maintenance, you can do onething that is always whenever you are creating a new role specify the role name as profile name so that it will be easy to identify and also you don't need to maintain the number range seperately.

Thanks

Ashok

0 Kudos

We know that but fro audit reasons we want this to be automatically assigned as you can see in which system it was originally build from the numbers.

0 Kudos

Hi Auke,

By coincidence I bumped into the solution to your problem and remembered this thread from back in February. I assume that it is irrelevant now, but for those who use the search functionality... check SAP note 571276 solution 1c.

Cheers,

Julius