cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in enabling OVS value help for multiple fields (in view)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum,

I had gone through all the existing threads, but unable to find correct solution to my problem.

I have 2 value attributes under different nodes. For the first node i was able to create ovs help by creating the inner class that implements IWDOVSContextNotificationListener but when i tried to add the same functionality to my second field (attribute) i am getting problems (in applyResult method).

The issue is how to trace (event) on which UI Element the user clicked for value help, from the component controller and how to write corresponding code in applyResult method. It's signature is -

public void applyResult(IWDNodeElement applicationNodeElement, IWDNodeElement queryOutputNodeElement)

the code i used for my first attribute is -

IPrivateExpensesProvInitCompView.IHeaderDataElement ovsCallerNodeElement = (IPrivateExpensesProvInitCompView.IHeaderDataElement) applicationNodeElement;

IPublicExpensesProvInitComp.ICostcenterlistElement output = (IPublicExpensesProvInitComp.ICostcenterlistElement) queryOutputNodeElement;

• ovsCallerNodeElement.setCostcentre(output.getCostcenter());

how can i implement the same functionality for my second attribute also using the same Listener class and same applyResult( ) method.

Can any one plze help..

Thanks in advance.....

Ramesh babu. Kotagiri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through thread.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyazit,

Had already checked the thread u suggested. I could not find correct solution there. Have you ever tried this. I would like to know the code that must be put in applyResult( ) method i.e. if i am able to catch the attribute (UI element) in the view that triggered the input help event, then i can use that attribute in this method to set the value selected in the helpwindow to that attribute like i had done for my first attribute -

eg : ovsCallerNodeElement.setCostcentre(output.getCostcenter());

This can be done only once i.e. to only one attribute in this method. So if i know the field which triggered the event, i can check like -

if (field = name)

-

.setName(----

)

else if(field=phone)

-

.setPhone(----

)

Plz go through the i had given previously. Hope u understand my requirement. If not let me know i will try to give much clear description...

ramesh. Kotagiri