cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

engine adapter problem after I start dialog instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our XI system has two instance ,a central instance on one machine whose hostname is sapxiprd and a dialog instance on another machine with the hostname sapxiapp1.

When I start the ci only, the adapter engine is displayed as “Adapter Engine sapxiprd” in Compoment Monitor,but when I start the di,it changes to “Adapter Engine sapxiapp1”.In addition,all the messages sent from other system are received by di only,the ci receives nothing.

Worsely,after I stop the di,XI can’t receive or send messages by ci at all,I must restart ci to resolve the problem.

Is it caused by my wrong configuration or other reasons? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

one instance = one adapter engine

2 instances = 2 adapter engines

You should have 2 Adapter Engine in the SLD, and you should be able to choose between 2 adapter engine when you create/modify an adapter because you MUST to be able to choose with adapter engine host the specific adapter instance.

You must to know that when you create a communicational channel you also choose the adapter engine that will run it, and it will run just on a specific instance.

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandro, when creating the communication channel, we are unable to find the place you mentioned that the adapter engine can be specified. Can you tell me how to do that in detail? BTW, the most adapter we are using is JDBC adapter.

B'Rgds,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way,if I want to archive the load balance between the two instances,Do i need the web dispatcher? Our XI sys is responsible to trans message between R3 and a system developed by ourselves.Thks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I think that for you scenario is necessary a load balancer like SAP Web Dispatcher between the integration server and the adapter engines.

Sandro

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think, the configuration is pointing to the DI. Also check the Business System url of the integration server in SLD>Business System><IntegratioN Server>

Also check the Adapter engine url etc

this guide may give some hints-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ee7fa790-0201-0010-5aac-a0b2f0e9...

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna, I can't find where I can configure the AE url, can you tell me?