cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner - No internal standard grouping exists

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to create a business partner in the Satlite system, when I click on teh Create(person) button I get this message ""No internal standard grouping exists". I searched OSS notes, they did mention that I have to maintain the Internal and external number ranges. Note numbers: 732234 and 617396. But this is not taking me anywhere, I am not quite sure where to go setup this number ranges? Does anyone have done this on the satlite system before? if yes, can you please share your knowledge with me to understand this?

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the Solution after lots of research.

We need to maintain these internal and external numbers in the SAP Business Partner

Go to SPRO --> Cross Application Comp --> SAP Business Partner --> BP -> Basic Settings --> Number ranges and Groupings

Step 1: Define all the number ranges as it described in the OOS Note: 617396

Step 2: Assign them to groups (internal and External)

<b>Now, Can someone explain the reason and concept behind these two number ranges. what does externals number ranges and internal number ranges means? Why do we need to create them? </b>

Thanks in Advance

Kumar

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Only one question, why you want to create Number ranges in the satellite system?

Which SOLMAN scenario do you want to configure?

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, otherwise it won't allow me to create a business partner, I get this error message when I click on the Create (Person) ICON. "No internal standard grouping exists", after creating the number range grouping, that error went away.

I am using Solution Manager 3.2 and trying to create business partners(Reporte - Message Creators), for all the users in the Satlite system so they could create Support desk message via help ->Create Support Message

Let me know if you need to know anything else?

Thanks In Advance

Kumar

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

In the satellite system you only need to configure table BCOST_CUST pointing to the SOLMAN system using SOLMAN..._BACK RFC destination.

It is in the SOLMAN system where you have to create a BP type person with a Identification:

SID <Inst.no> <Client> <User>

You can create the BP for the message reported manually o automatically as you can see in teh SPRO customizing activities.

In this way, when you send a message from the satellite via help ->Create Support Message, the SOLMAN system is able to know the message reporter.

So, it is not necessary to create a BP in the satellite system, only in the SOLMAN system.

In order to get the step by step way to configure the SOLMAN system for Service Desk escenario, please follow the activities in SPRO under Solution Manager.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delores, Thank you so much for quick replies. You're very very help full

But, now whenever I create message in the Satlite system via help->Create Support Desk message, (Clicked on the SEND) it takes me to the Solution manager sytem via RFC, and asking to enter the user name and password. It worked fine.

After I changed my BCOS_CUST to ..._BACK RFC, I get this error message "Error in local message system; message", I checked the RFC connection it works fine. But not sure why it says this now....Do you know why I get that error?

My next questions, so this mean we do not make any changes or create in the Satlite System beside changing the Value in BCOS_CUST? All the changes we make in the Solution Manager correct?

Thanks you again. you're very help for me.

Thanks again

Kumar

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Firstly check in solman system that the user assigned to BACK RFC connection,

has assigned authorization SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE in SOLMAN su01.

Usually if the SM_.._BACK rfc connection is well created not SOLMAN logon screen must appears.

"Error in Local message system; message XXXXXXX not created."

This the error message I see when I try to create support message using

the help menu option.

Error in local message system; message 009999000141 not complete

Message no. BCOS030

The cause for this message is due to Support Package level 9

SAPKITL419 which integrated some components to allow VAR (Value Added

Resellers) to use the Solution Manager system for their service desk

with their own customers.

To get rid of this error please do the following steps.

- Enter transaction SPPFCADM,

- select DNO_NOTIF

- click on 'Define action profile and actions'.

- Select action profile 'SLFN0001_STANDARD_DNO'

- click on 'Action definition' in the left side tree.

- Then choose action definition 'SLFN0001_STANDARD_DNO_CRM' and click on

the processing types.

- In the bottom of the screen you can see the change button near the

processing parameters (after entering change mode).

- Press the button and delete the container expression ITEM_PRODUCT_ID.

hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delores, thanks for the reply. Sorry for asking too many questions. You're very help ful for me. But I got more questions top of that. Please read below.

"Firstly check in solman system that the user assigned to BACK RFC connection,

has assigned authorization SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE in SOLMAN su01"

I thought we do not need to create the user in the SOLMAN, and you did mention that I do not have to the have the username existing SOLMAN in order to create support desk message in the satlite system?

Well to be honest, I was creating the Support desk message from the Sandbox as me, where my user name exist in the SOLMAN with(SAP_ALL), With all the I got that error message?

I will check my RFC connection again?

As far as my "SPPFCADM," config goes, it looks fine, I do not have that value in there.

Thanks for help again

Kumar

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't require a user, but still the message will reach Service Desk. You need to create BP, which is the link between SOLMAN and Satellite System.

If you go to BP Transaction and Identification Tab you need to maintain details as follows. This only tells SOLMAN that BP is from this particular system.

<System ID> <Installation Number> <Client> <User Name> (separated by a

space, for example, XYZ 1234567890 800 DEMOUSER)

Check Page 7-10 which beautifully explains everything.

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001197002005E/Addtional_Information.pdf

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Message was edited by:

Raguraman C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raguraman,

How do we bring all the user list in the Satlite system to show on the Business Partner, in the solution Manger. You know, on the documentation it describes that you could do "Mass Generate Key users" via DSWP --> Edit -->Create Business Partners --> Click on SID value, this should pouplate all the users in the Satlite system, but I can not seem to get that? do you know how to go and do that?

Can you please explain me, what is the purpose of the BP functions that we have in the Satlite System? I thought SOLMAN BP and Satlite system BP are linked each other, so you do not need to create an user in the SU01?

Thanks

Kumar

Message was edited by:

Kumar Subramaniam

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In the satellites you have your user defined in SU01.

In the SOLMAN you create business partners for this users, using Mass Generate Key users as you say. This create BP 24, for example, with this identification:

<System ID> <Installation Number> <Client> <User Name>= XXX YYY ZZZ MMM

Note: Mass Generate Key users->you can see this entry in /NSPRO->IMG->Solution Manager->Basic settings->SAP Solution Manager system->Service Desk->Business partners->Create Key users

So, when a message comming from satellite with Installation Number XXX, SID YYY, client ZZZ, user MMM->them the SOLMAN system is able to reconigze that the message reported is BP 24. And this information is shown in the message support.

Another thing is that for sending the message, the satellite must connect witht the

solman via RFC using the RFC connection SM_.._BACK.

This connection need a user in the SOLMAN to be able to send the message, so...

You can define a SOLMAN user in this RFC connection in SM59 or not define a

user here, but in this case every time a user in the satellite want to send a message, a logon screen for SOLMAN system will appears.

This data are not for the SOLMAN to store in the message, for that you create the BP beforehand, this logon is simply for establishing the RFC connection between this system.

By default, when you create the RFC connection between a satellite and solman, in smsy, with the wizard for example, the connection SM..._BACK is created in tje satellite system with a user already defined. This avoid the logon data for the user in the satellites when they want to send a message.

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Delores.

I have done everything that you have told me to do. I just re-generated my RFC connection like you said...SMSY --> Clicked On the Generate RFC, and everything was GREEN.

RFC....BACK created a user name SOLMAN<SID> in SOLMAN, it had two roles already assinged. SAP_SOL_SERVTRANS_ADMIN, SAP_SV_FDB_NOTIF_BC_ADMIN then I assgined this role as you told me on the previous post. SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE.

RFC works fine. I tested.

I have created BP in SOLMAN. ID TYPE: CRM001

<System ID> <Installation Number> <Client> <User Name>

Now whenever I try to create a message via HELP --> Create Support Message

<b>I am getting the following error: "Error in local message system; message, 009999000034 incomplete"</b>

I checked under SPPFCADM to see if I still have that value "ITEM_PRODUCT_ID", that is not there from the beginning. But I am still getting that error.

To get rid of this error please do the following steps.

- Enter transaction SPPFCADM,

- select DNO_NOTIF

- click on 'Define action profile and actions'.

- Select action profile 'SLFN0001_STANDARD_DNO'

- click on 'Action definition' in the left side tree.

- Then choose action definition 'SLFN0001_STANDARD_DNO_CRM' and click on

the processing types.

- In the bottom of the screen you can see the change button near the

processing parameters (after entering change mode).

- Press the button and delete the container expression ITEM_PRODUCT_ID.

Any help would be much much appreciated.

Thanks

Kumar

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi!

Please in SOLMAN system assign in su01 to user SOLMAN<SID> ( the user that you have assigned to BACK RFC connection) the role SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE.

Best regards,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delores, I did assign SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE. _BACK RFC user in SOLMAN.

I am still getting that error.

Thanks

Kumar

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

From where are you sending the message? from a satellite system? from the solman directly?

Dolores

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Appply note 1011376 if you are in SP9

Dolroes

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are far away from SP9, we are using solution Manger 3.2 and we have applied that all the patches that out for SOLMAN 3.2.

Thanks

Kumar

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From where are you sending the message? from a satellite system? from the solman directly?

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satlite system

Kumar

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check this link,

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

i read that 100 times no help still

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delores,

See if this helps you to narrow down my problem.

whatever message I created at our R/3 Satlite system, I am able to

see in the t-code: DNOTIF --> PULL UP MENU --> You will see all whole bunch of support desk message that was I created in Satlite system.

But we can not see any of these messages in DSWP --> Operations --> Service Desk.

am I missing any configuration at SOLMAN level?

Thanks

Kumar

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

In solman call /NCRM_DNO_MONITOR and select All and Transactiopn type SLFN, just to be sure that the messages did not arrive from satellite to solman.

In satellite reproduce the problem and when you get the error message go to more info, I need you tell me the Message number of this error.

Also tell me the Basis level of your satellite system please.

Thanks,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see any created satlite messages in CRM_DNO_MONITOR.

I click on the ? for more info, it still show the the same message:

Error in local message system; message 009999000004 incomplete

Message no. B~031

We are running SAP R/3 4.7. SOLMAN 3.2

BTW, We are running SOLMAN 4.0 on a test box, I tried to setup Service Desk on this as well, and Our Satlite System that is connected to SOLMAN 4.0 is another test box with ECC 6.0. I got the same error when I try to create support desk message from ECC 6.0.

Let me know if you need to know anything else from me.

Thanks in Advance

Kumar

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In SOLMAN system please go to:

Transaction SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> SAP Solution Manager ->

Basic Settings->Sap Solution Manager system->Service Desk->Service Desk->

Check that you have configured point:

- Basic Settings

- Number Ranges for Notification

I have the feeling that maybe any of these intervals miss the "Ext field" flag, external number range,and for that the message is not created in SOLMAN.

Could you check it?

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delores, for me everything looks fine.

Do you want to see a screen shot of my setttings, if yes please shoot me an email at subramks@gmail.com, then I will forward you with all the screen shot.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Dolores big help, and after adding SAP_ALL to RFC...._BACK user in SOLMAN, we were able to solve the problem.

Thanks for big help from Dolores from SAP

Thank you again

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar-

I am running up against the same exact errors you have encountered. It seems I have checked number ranges, BP partners, and the SPRO settings numerous times. What did the trick when you were able to overcome the error:

Error in local message system; message XXXXXXX not complete

Likewise, when I am testing the creation of a support message I am doing so from Solution Manager. Is this appropriate?

Can you further clarify what these transactions are:

SOLMAN..._BACK RFC

..._BACK RFC

SM_.._BACK

Thank you so much! I am eager to accomplish what you have just done

Former Member
0 Kudos

"SOLMAN..._BACK RFC

..._BACK RFC

SM_.._BACK", these are not transactions, they all represent one thing...that BACK RFC Connection that Satellite systems uses to create support desk message via help --> Support desk message. You could generate this RFC connection via SMSY --> RFC WIZARD.

Did you follow this thread? if you did I am sure you can overcome my problem!

Let me know if you still have problem.

Thanks

Kumar

Answers (0)