Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Better Description for the Change Management forum

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

You are invited to post suggestions <a href="https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?forumID=200&threadID=249364">to help clarify this forum descripton</a> for the Change Management forum (as a posted to a Change Request forum)

Hint: I'm hoping that we will be discussing Change Management which includes Business Process Improvement changes, new paradigms, new role definitions and not merely application improvements and changes.

Also, I invite good definitions for a separate technical forum to be created to discuss Transport and Change Requests questions as those seem to be the ones that frequently populate this forum.

Help us help the community to know where to post appropriate queries.

Marilyn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marilyn,

thanks a lot for the new thread!

Why not use your description, for me, it explains what I'm hoping for in this forum:

We will discuss Change Management which includes Business Process Improvement changes, new paradigms, new role definitions, and all changes that are needed to make an organization fit for the ESOA requirements.

I'd still suggest "organizational change management" as the new name.

For the technical change management I'd suggest the term "SAP change and transport management" - I think everyone dealing with SAP will understand.

A description for the change and transport forum:

This forum deals with issues concerning technical changes to SAP systems, may it be transports within the ABAP world or SDM questions and problems.

From my point of view it would be good to provide a link to "the other forum" from both of these forums.

Kind regards,

Carl

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Carl, for taking the time to answer so fully.

I will definately champion your suggestions but would be happy if others would support or comment as well. It would be best to have good community consensus to back up the change request.

Marilyn

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello guys,

I hope this may helpful to people who are starting new business and required some guidelines related to business change management I recommend for QR Ventures which provide fantastic Business for sale services in UK.get more information about Business loans,business marketing and Mentoring services

[Change management|http://www.qrventures.co.uk/change-management.html]

Edited by: kingficer on Mar 1, 2012 12:02 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn,

if I would have a question to a topic I would take a look around to find the appropriate forum. My criteria for that would be first of all the name -- which is IMHO for developers and administrators misleading in the case of this forum --, secondly the description of the forum and thirdly the existing posts in a forum.

If I realize that the forum name might fit, but the description doesn't and despite of that lots of posts cover my topic area then I would post my question there.

So my suggestions are:

• Rename the forum to "Management of Organizational Changes" (which avoids the developer-triggering word sequence of "change management").

• Move all "wrong" posts to the correct forum so that the forum does not appear in searches for change and transport management.

• (no suggestion for a change of the description)

Cheers,

Marcus.

Message was edited by:

Marcus Kronen

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to have somewhere to move the forum posts we need to have a new technical forum for Transport and Change Requests (for developers and administrators). As soon as that one opens, we can start moving over the posts that are "wrong".

As to the name...we are also working out the details of the categories and categorization of the forums. Long names do pose a problem, but I agree, that the more intuitive the forum name, the better the chances of questions being "properly" posted.

Thanks for your input.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just reread Macus' suggestion: Management of Organizational Changes

to break the sequence of Change Mangement....

One last time: a pulse check?