cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the active user maintained in the internal webserver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know how the Tomcat server tracks the user that is logged into the localhost web server with MAM?

Does it block other users from accessing its servlets on teh same machine or does it let multiple users access the servlets (i.e. synchronize) simultaneously?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

If you are using MI you can use <b>only one user</b> at a time. MI provides APIs to check which user is logged on. The 2 API classes are

1. com.sap.ip.me.api.user.User

2. com.sap.ip.me.api.user.UserManager

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What if all the access' come from the local host and from the same user?

(more information: I'm doing a performance test using Mercury Loadrunner) and it is the question of calling the synchronization servlet multiple times , concurrently from the same host, to create load on the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For this, I guess you will have to try. I am not sure, but I have the feeling that this will not work...

As for the load, it will not create a big load on the middleware because the MOBILE ID for the user will be the same so the requests will only stack up and be processed one after the other.

To have a real load performance test you would have to create more the one mobile id and to do this you need more than one MI running. You can have more than one instance of MI by playing with the ports in the config files. You can also use the setup package feature in MI 7.0 to create preconfigured and initialy synch MI folder for one or many users. This can be a lot more easy than installing many individual MI and syncing them.

Thank you,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requests on localhost port 4444 are forwarded to the login servlet. If you try to deeplink an application not being logged on you are directed to the login servlet again. So I think multi access is not possible...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Multi-user access is not supported. The DB is MAM is not threaded so any kind of multi-user access will fail (you can see that restriction in our frame loading code).

MI cannot be accessed from the outside (localhost host only). MI does not allow multi-user sync because the data base is separated for each user (one db instance for each user). This will change in the new architecture, so you will have to wait until then

Thank you,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thank for your response,

But, I should clarify.

The front of MI I understand restricts access to one user, but does the Tomcat server still restrict one user access?

For example can I send a custom HTTP request to call the synchronization servlet with the information from 2 users at once.