cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Save Error on Checkout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone else received an error message which says "File Save Error" when attempting to check out a document in the Solution Manager blueprint document store? We have a document which can be opened in display or change mode, and exported, but when trying to check out, users receive a message which states simply "File Save Error" with an "OK" button. Pressing OK closes the dialog message and the check out process cancels. Other documents checkout with no error. The error message looks like a standard Windows error, rather than an SAP error message.

Thanks for any ideas!

Bob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186439
Participant
0 Kudos

Did the files get checked-in with the windows read-only attribute set?

Do you have write permission to the SAPworkdir?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps this one file was read-only when it was checked in. I am investigating and will get back with you.

All other files we know of check out and in properly, so the SAPWORKDIR is probably not an issue. This file can be opened, edited and saved via the change option (button). It does not appear to be corrupted in any way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

could it be a problem of the filename ? What filename does the tool show when the save dialog comes up ?

Best regards

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jürgen,

the dialog box to save the file does not appear.

However, you were on the right track....

We changed the file name and now the document can be checked out and back in.

Evidently something was wrong, and we still don't know what it was... but if it solved it maybe it will work for the next person.

Thanks for everyones help

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

Would it be possible to know the document filename/title ? It might contains special characters which could not be used as a filename ?

Thanks,

Thierry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thierry,

I thought I looked at this. The name was changed, but SolMan history shows the old name, with a COLON (:)... of course a name cannot have a colon in the middle.

Right on the money.... thanks for prompting me to look again.

(But SAP still should address the error message... it simply left us in the dirt.)

Thanks again!

bOB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

for your information, there is note 1023148 which fixes this problem.

Best regards

Jürgen