cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to the SAP world and I'm wondering how to build large custum applications. I think that Web Dynpro is a good starting point for the GUI. But where do I build my business logic. EJB's? Web Services? or still in ABAP (BAPI's). In other words what is the best way to build large application.

thinking about

security

transactions

easy to deploy

easy to improve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well you are right from nay points.. web dynpro is a fantastic GUI building framework. Though its only for UI development. So then your next question comes.. where to put your business logic. You can use any of the following

1. R/3 backend: If the business logic is already built, or the client is not ready to use normal j2ee stuff and happy with r/3.

2. EJBs: Build your business logic inside session beans and access then through WD.

3. Web Services: If the service is already provided and exposed use it.

About the rest of the things, SAP WAS is a fully J2EE compliant app server so u can enjoy all the common services provided by it through Web Dynpro also. Its easy to deploy wd apps as u can do it just from the Dwv Studio itself. Its secure in the sense it can access portal authentication and authorization scheme as well can build its own.

Let us know if you have any more specific questions. For preliminary knowledge just go through the documents posted in Web Dynpro page of SDN. Thats a great place to start of.

Regards,

Shubhadip

0 Kudos

HI Shubhadip,

I have a query regarding WebDynpro accessing custom-build applications deployed on web-logic server and J2EE servers.Following is the scenario.

There is central authentication mechanism deployed in J2EE server. GUI users (in EP) have to be authenticated through this application(EJB).

In EP, this remote call would happen through the WebDynpro. After successful authentication, calls will be sent to another Weblogic server.

Too many remote calls. How about the scalability & performance factors with WebDynPro?

Answers (0)