Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a data type in the XI Integration Builder from an Abap structure

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a custom structure in SRM ABAP side we are planing to send this structure to XI via Proxy. To configure this I need to create a DataType/MessageType in IR and Generate Proxy.

Is there any way to generate this structure as a Data type in IR.

Your help is highly appreciated. (Points will be awarded immediately)

Thanks,

Laxman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxman,

are you talking about this weblog

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/convert-any-r3-structure-to-xsd-made-easy-was-60

????

thanks,

pooja

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pooja,

This is what I was looking for thanks again.

Laxman

I awarded full points to you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laxman,

no, this is not possible. Your structure is ABAP, not a XML (schema). But you dont need to configure the fields, just choose string 4 each field. Take the field names with copy and paste - later it will be easy 4 u to call the proxy with ABAP expression CORRESPONDING FIELDS.

Regards,

Udo

laxman_molugu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your all replies, I know that its not possible outof the box SRM. I remember that some one posted a ABAP code that code is report program. when you execute you should refer the structure as the input then this program creates a xsd file. We can use this xsd to creating Data Types in the IR.

I don't remember who posted that, also I can't find that in the SDN anymore so I am just wondering if you have seen and tried before.

Thanks,

Laxman

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With the help of XSD you can export to acheive it. I am not aware whethere you can get the XSD from SRM.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, As far as I know, you cannot do that unless there is a way on SRM side to export that structure as an XSD.