cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JRA version conflict

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

while trying to deploy the JRA on the 6.30 server, I encounter a version error.

For the deployment of the JRA I followed the instructions in the help section of the Developer Studio.

As the server did not come with the JRA installed, I copied the sapjra.rar file from the 6.40 preview version. In an attempt to solve the error I also copied a number libraries (sapjcorfc.dll, sapjco.jar, jrfc.jar) from 6.40, but that only served to bump the 2.1.2 I initially had to 2.1.3.

If anyone can help me with this, please do so. The code below is the last part of the error, if more information is required I'm more than willing to provide it, but I tried to keep this message as concise as possible.

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.makeComponents(DeploymentTransaction.java:823)
                     	... 15 more
                     Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not initialize SAP Java Resource Adapter Library. 
Found SAP Java Connector version 2.1.3 but version 6.30.1 or higher is required.
                     	at com.sap.mw.jco.jra.JRA.<clinit>(JRA.java:185)
                     	... 26 more
                     For detailed information see the log file of Deploy Service.

Regards,

Arjen Schwarz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjen,

did you find a solution for this issue? I have the same problem.

Many thanks

Cheers

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are trying to deploy the JRA outside of the SAP Netweaver environment.

Netweaver has a built in JCO version which reads the same as the netweaver kernel version (6.x...)

You have a JCO version downloaded from service.sap.com and as such will not be able to use the JRA.

Remember <b>The JRA implements the JCA 1.0 specification</b> but <b><i>The JRA is NOT an implementation of the JCA 1.0 specification as it is not portable / plugable into any J2EE 1.xx compliant environment! Thanks SAP.</i></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please explain exactly what the problem will be using JRA from within another J2EE environment? The SAP Library states the following:

>Can the SAPJRA be used with every J2EE Application Server ?

>SAPJRA was tested on SAP J2EE Engine and on the SUN >Reference Implementation Application Server. It passed all >J2EE Specification Compliance tests.

I can't be just the check of the JCO version information right?