Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Partner Profile Config

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've a basic question in Partner Profile Configuration.

<b>Case 1.</b> When a file is sent to SAP as an IDoc (File to Idoc via XI), which Business System's Logical System Name should be mentioned in the partner profile (WE20)?.

Is it the Sender's Logical System Name (File System) or the Receiver's Logical System Name (SAP System)?.

<b>Case 2:</b> When SAP is sending an IDoc to a file system (IDoc to File via XI), which Business System's Logical System Name should be mentioned in the partner profile (WE20) ?.

Is it the Sender's Logical System Name (SAP System) or the Receiver's Logical System Name (File System)?.

Please gimme the direct answer not the docs. Bcoz some of the docs says it is sender's and others says it is receiver's. I just wanted to get it clarified.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Joe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

In both cases you have to use XI system Logical system name.

bcoz you are sending the file to XI to R3,Similarly IDoc to XI to File , so here is middleware is XI .

But the important thing Logical system name will be used in Partner profile , this will be used in tesing or fill the Control record of Idoc.this can be filled from paylod by selecting the option in receiver IDoc Adapter.

I hope it is clear to you.

Regards

Chilla..

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In both cases, it should be XI systems logical name. If you want to overwrite, you can pick the control record information from the payload. If you want to pick by deafult i.e from SLD, then it should be XI system' s name.

Also check the Logical System name in the SLD-->Business System

rgds,

moorthy

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies.

Anymore replies would be appreciated!

Doss - I've sent u mail. Please send me those docs.

Thanks,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the simple answers, with no explanation.

Case 1: Logical System Name of XI Server

Case 2: Logical System Name of XI Server

Non SAP systems ( for ex, your file system/ftp server) wont have ALE names in your R/3 anyway.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pass your Email ID, ( you can get my ID from my Business card )

If you want I can send Partner profile configuration with screen print I hope that will help you.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe..

Case1..

U shud use XI's logical name on partner profile of R/3...bt ur actual sender is nt XI ..so in Message Mapping of XI u can overwrite the name of sender as XI logical name.

Case2..

Partner profile is definetly XI as SAP system is sending data to XI & its doesnt know wat happens to data at XI..

Regards

Sushil