cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RfcSystemException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem with an RfcSystemException occured after calling method of proxy generated by .NET Connector v1.0.1.

Exception message: "Data error (invalid data type XMLRFC ERROR(19): Unexpexted XML Character\n) in a Remote Function Call".

Method prototype: void Method(string, SAPTableDerivedClass, out string, out BAPIRETURN, out SAPTableDerivedClass).

SAPTableDerivedClass type was also generated by .NET Connector.

Does anyone khow how to solve this problem ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have your tried updating to NCo 1.0.3 or 2.0 (with patch from note 506603). After each upgrade you should run the proxy generator (right-click .sapwsdl file, select "Run custom tool").

What could also help is to create an RFC trace file (set Environment variable RFC_TRACE=1 or set corresponding connection string parameter) and analyze what's really going over the wire.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed .net connector v.2.0 and fix506603 but it doesn't help. I still get the same exception. I also check on RFC server trace log. There are no records for function call. It seems to me that the problem is in generated proxy.

Any idea how to solve it are highly appreciated.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does this mean that the error happens before anything goes over the wire? Have you tried to turn "first chance expection break" and "Show non-user code" on and looked where on the call stack the Exception is throws?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

Thank you for your advice.

First-chance exception looks like :

HEAP[App1.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 00140000, 003B63C4 )

Unhandled exception at 0x77f75a58 in App1.exe: User breakpoint.

A first chance exception of type 'SAP.Connector.RfcSystemException' occurred in sap.connector.rfc.dll

I happens before sending to server because no records are found in Trace Log on server.

Other method invocation works fine. Can SAPTable input parameter cause such problem ?

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please open an SAP Service (OSS) support call. Attach the RFC trace from client (the one created on the client machine when RFC_TRACE=1 ) and some source code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

I'm just started to use the SAP.NET Connector 2.0 and have exactly the same problem

(invalid data type XMLRFC ERROR(19): Unexpexted XML Character)

Did you make any progress with your problem?

Maybe the .NET Connector Cannot handle Deap Structures?

Is there any SAP Note opened for this issue?

Thanks a lot, Johann

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already mentioned in this thread, there was a known issue in version 2.0 that was fixed in the attachedment of mentioned note. It's also fixed in version 2.0.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner,

Sorry for missunderstanding, I'm using the NCo Version 2.0.1 and still get this error and even an Short Dump.

So as I understand you the mentionef fix is already implemented into 2.0.1, it has to be something else.

Thanks, Johann

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, you are right. I just searched our customer support system for the corresponding case. The result was that the customer used a 4.6D system and a kernel patch (#1768) fixed the problem.

Can you please check with your admin that the kernel fix is current. If yes, please create an RFC trace and open a SAP Service ticket (BC-OP-NET-NCO) with the trace file attached.