cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT!!! calling .net webservice fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is really urgent and i appreciate any help,

i'm TRYING to call an .net-webservice from sap was6.4. the proxies are generated and i get an instance of the logical port, but when i try to send a request to the service i get the following error:

javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: Server was unable to process request. --> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

i don't hav a clue whats the problem. is it even possible to call a .net-service? all i ever read was issuing a call from .net to sap (which worked quite well).

thanks in advance

patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Patrick

Can you shed som elight on how did you manage the create a proxy for .net web Service in SAP EP 6.0 ? I am trying to do the same using Web Dynrpo ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks !!

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that the exception is thrown on the .NET side and then is transported to Java via a Soap Fault (you see this by the fact that you have a SOAPFaultException with a .NET exception text in it).

I would recommend that you attach Visual Studio's debugger to your WebService (attach to aspnet_wp.exe or w3wp.exe on W2K3). Set the "First chance exception break" option on for all CLR exceptions (in the Exception dialog box select the "CLR Excpetions" bullet and change to "Break into the Debugger").

You should be able to see where the exception happens. You might need to turn the option "Show non-user code" on.