cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Scrolling Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are currently running VC on 2004s SP8. I would like to have my table be able to scroll or page through the many records. The table is being populated with data but the paging toolbar does not show up. Scroll buttons is set to 'Show' (greyed out can't change it) and the 'Number of Rows' is set to Autofit which is also greyed out. If I double-click the paging toolbar in the designer the 'Page Scrolling Options' box pops up for configuration, however it only shows the first 6 items and the 7th is cut off. The pop up can not be resized either.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a fix?

Thanks,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

do you use flash or WD?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I have been using Flash.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are on SPS10 (NW04s) and same issue.. Is there a fix for Flash.. any work arounds? it is useless without ability to scroll horizontally especially if we run BEx queries in VC?

Also, did not realize that WD is applicable only for web services? Model compiles (for a iview with table output option as an example for a simple query) but produces runtime errors. Flash compiles and runs but table has no scroll bars (h) and columns are not really expandable?

Any suggestions? (Excellent Book on VC by Mario and Carsten) does not cover limitations with VC....

Thanks in advance

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

as I know only WD supports paging options and only webservices. We do not often use WD. With flash you have more possibilities.

Best Reagards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcel,

Thanks for your quick response. Flash looks very nice but with larege tables or wide columns, not having horizontal scroll is a big limitation. VC tool is very nice and adding these features will propel VC as a tool of choice for BPX users.

I also found these useful OSS notes...950492, 994827, 992872, 1021675 (not published yet as of feb 17, 2007) .

A correction to my earlier comment --- sap press book on VC does hint at limitations and have carefully not discussed or show screen shots to highlight scroll bar issues in their examples.. nevertheless it is a priceless book.. can't do VC without it..

yes, WD can be used only for web services... it is also covered in the book...

thanks and best regards,

bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Yes, our book does not cover all limitations, as we finished writing the book in summer last year and now only with the discussions in the forums we see all the ways that users are using the VC. Often in ways that were not predicted

Mario