cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDMC Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I send Customer IDocs via MDMC but have some issues .

It will be helpful if someone have little more info abt MDMC transaction .

Thanks in Advance ,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This transaction only does complete data extract .However if you want further control at delta and object level you can try using mdm_clnt_extr transaction.

This transaction offers lot of additional features and objects then MDMC transaction.

Regards

Prashanta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth ,

I am using MDM_CLNT_EXTR for quite a while after getting help from Annika and Michael posts .

My requirement is to send full data only via MDMC only and not found any thing for MDMC .

If someone have knowledge abt MDMC , it will be very helpful .

Thanks ,

Raj .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

- An

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

in fact there are three transactions to send customer data from R/3 to MDM:

1. BD14

2. MDMC

3. MDM_CLNT_EXTR

1. BD14

This transaction is a standard one develpoed by the R/3 team. It is able to send customers in the standard message type DEBMAS).

2. MDMC

MDMC was developed by the MDM team in times of MDM 2.0/3.0. In that time, trancaction MDM_CLNT_EXTR did not yet exist. The reason is that former MDM was able to pull the data out of R/3. MDMC was the only possibility to push data from R/3 to MDM 2.0/3.0. The transaction is very simple, you cannot really do much things with it. You have to use message type DEBMDM and you may only select the customers by their numbers.

3. MDM_CLNT_EXTR

This transaction was introduced with MDME 4.0 and is stilled used wit MDM 5.5 and will be used for all later releases. The transaction gives you the most powerful possibilities to really configure your extraction. I strongly recommend to use MDM_CLNT_EXTR for the new MDM releases.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael ,

All this I knew from you and Annika only .

Basically my requirement was to send customer IDocs of type DEBMAS with 1 segment which was coming by MDMC but not MDM_CLNT_EXTR (amazingly surprising) .

But I got help from Annika b y using change pointers .

Thanks ,

Raj .