cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While creating sales order for a specific material system is not carrying availability check, when i try to attempt its giving message " No control data maintained for Checking group K2 and checking rule BW".

When i check in customising there is no avlty check control for combination K2 with BW hence its not carrying avlbty check.

Before confirming the same to the user wanna to know from where this checking rule picks up ? I could not find it in Mat master data, only found checking group,

there is no checking rule assigned checking groups.

How checking rules comes into order?

I believe, this forum is the best out of all, looking forward for your reply.

Cio

shankar1242

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the checking group is taken from the material master data (sales/plant or MRP is the same)

the checking rule is taken from the programs: in SD the rule is hardcoded, so that you cannot change it and so for consignment delivery is always BW, instead for a normal order is A and normal delivery is B.

In PP you can define new check rules and assign them to the production order.

pls. reard if helpful

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto

You are correct, checking rule will be hardcoded in SD.

Hence i beleive to proceed further to confirm the qtys i need to maintain under customisation Avblty check control for the combination K2 with BW right?

Karan,

Its a useful info.

Keep doing well.

Cio sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am i in right track reg this issue?

Cio sankar

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are right.

remember to maintain all combinations either in order or delivery (and do not forget the backorder processing) that you use in you company.

Roberto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Checking rule is assigned to checking grps.

Go to the branch IMG>S & D > Availability Check & transfer of requirements>Availability check>Availability check with ATP logic>Carry out control for availability check.

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

The combination of checking rule and availability(checking group) is maintained in transaction "OVZ9".Here you can determine the scope of avl check.You can determine whether you want to include block stock ,spl stock,purchase req etc during your avl check or not.

The avl (checking group) (01,02,batches) is integrated with sales order thru material master.This can be found out in sales general/plant data.

The major requirement for avl check is you need to tick (check) avl check field in your schedule line in t-code vov6.

You can send me your mail id .I will send you a good document on avl check.

Reward points if it helps.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

I was getting availability errors. Can you please send availability checks related document to "howareyoudoing2@gmail.com"?

Thanks

Venky