cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to pass non-String parameter by URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to pass non-String parameter by URL?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

short answer: No. Everything passed as parameter by url in fact is a string. All you can do is to transform some other values into a string (like 23 into "23" or more complex operations).

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Please consider rewarding points if an answer is helpful or be responsive if it wasn't, this also holds for This not only for being polite against the people trying to help but also as a feedback for other people running into the same issue. Thanks in advance!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank every answer

I had know that it's no way in webdynpro

but maybe in portal, there are some solutoins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Detlev:

My aim is:

When click one button in the window, a popup window show, and there is a button on this popup window,

When user clicked the button on popup window, the popup window will close it self

so is there any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

well it wont require any url parameter if you have created both the windows in the same component. From the main window action method you have to open the child window.. so u can do it like below

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("your child window name");

IWDWindow window =

wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createWindow(windowInfo, true);

//Position and open the window.

window.setWindowPosition(WDWindowPos.CENTER);

window.open();

//Save the reference to the window so we can close it later.

wdContext.currentPopUpElement().setWindowInstance(window);

This last line is necessary in order to close the window. Create an attribute of type IWDWindow for storing this reference.

now in the child view of the child window create a button and its action handler. If you want to pass some parameters to the main view you can do that through event publish/subscription mechanism between two windows. Ultimately as a result of your button press in the child view you have to call a method in the mainview whic will close the child window like below.

IWDWindow window = wdContext.currentPopUpElement().getWindowInstance();

window.close();

window.destroy();

Hope it helps!!!

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

for detail understanding and step by step instruction of how to create & close window and passing values from one to another you can follow this tutorial

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/dialog boxes in web dynpro applications.pdf

hope it helps!!!

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you ,Shubhadip Ghosh

I have tried this solution, but this solution is to open an internal window, in the new version of webdynpro, it

but what I want is open an external window, the window instance will not be passed throung context mapping.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't give server side cookies a try if you remain within the same domain?

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it means i can not pass some parameter for some class like IWDWindow?

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I'm not quite sure what you would like to pass by URL to what destination?! Anyhow, by URL nothing more than String is possible, but if you would give some more detailed explanation what your aim is, maybe someone could help in this direction at least...

Best regards

Detlev