cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Key in WD4A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I recently got the task to play a little bit with WebDynpros to check out if we can use that technology in some future web projects. On the weekend I found one weak point which is very critical for our web implementations: Function Keys!

Now I just wanted to ask the experts how function keys can be implemented. It would be great if someone could point out a way.

Thx in advance

Alfons

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see Thomas answer

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi,

thanks for your very fast reply. I already read the thread you linked, that's why I never asked of a way to solve that problem within the WD framework. Sorry, if my question wasn't precise enough.

To make it clear: Even if it can only be done by manipulating the WebDynpro with JavaScript, Java Applets (Come to think about it... Is there a way to do this in WebDynpro for Java?) or whatever we would like to try that. These ability of handling function keys is the last thing that decides if we can/will use WDs or not.

Perhaups you can tell me why such a key feature like a function key isn't usable for devs in an API although that feature can be used in normal dynpros for years? Is it at least planned to implement it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfons,

in Web Dynpro Java there's <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/6b/cdf740c42f8566e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">this</a> in the context of mobile devices (which are not supported in Web Dynpro ABAP), is that what you're looking for?

Regards, Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, thats a great help. Thank you very much for that info. I'll try that out and let you know by next week if I could handle it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have currently the same problem: Our customer wants function keys for web dynpro abap buttons.

Any news here?

Thanks for your help,

Alej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the problem never get really solved, is there perhaps an update on this topic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, no news, it's still the same...

Regards, Heidi