cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploded directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible for me to deploy an exploded directory in WAS 6.40?

I need to test my JSPs quickly and the process of building WAR -> EAR -> Deploy is really taking a toll on productivity.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible to test your JSPs quickly without building WAR->EAR files each time. The condition is that you should have deployed the EAR application once for the first time. For your subsequent changes, you can just keep changing the JSPs in the deployed location of the application on the J2EE engine.

After you have deployed the EAR for the first time, got to this location on the J2EE engine installation:

\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\<EAR_APP_NAME>\servlet_jsp\<CONTEXT_ROOT_NAME>\root

Change your instance names accordingly.

This is the location where you will have your JSPs. Make your changes here and save and it works!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks man. It works fine.

But that leaves another question, how do I attach my new code back into DTR? Of course I can manually copy the files back to their original directories, but that kinda beats the purpose of putting in DTR, right?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but I think this is the only way of changing the JSPs if you don't want to go through the WAS->EAR creation cycle repeatedly. And that's the reason this is not a recommended approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think from NWDS you can directly deploy a single file. There is an option in Visual Admin though where you can update single files. For accessing this go to Visul Admin> Server>Services>Deploy>local/<projectName> click on the Single File Update button and select the file you want to update by browising. I think you need to restart the application to take the changes into effect. I am not sure whether this option will be less time consuming than the normal approach of creating the deployable and deploying it directly thru NWDS. But you can try it for your scenario.

Regards,

Shubhadip