cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need clear explanation DT & MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can any body give me clear explanation for the following questions?

1)what is the main differnce for Datatypes and Message types?I know that Datatypes are the xsd strcutre for a message,we have DataTypes and why do we have Message types again.I did not see any specific use of Message types?

2)what is the use of Interface mapping?we have message mapping Program...so again why do we require interface mapping?where are these both can be executed at run time?

I would appreciate if any one can give good explanation with any example instead of posting blogs.

Good explanation would be awarded with good points.

Regards,

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>1)what is the main differnce for Datatypes and Message types?I know that Datatypes are the xsd strcutre for a message,we have DataTypes and why do we have Message types again.I did not see any specific use of Message types?</b>

By using platform-independent message interfaces you can define the type of communication and the data to be exchanged before you actually implement your cross-system process. Message Interfaces having the structure of message type.

<b>A data type is a basic unit for defining the structure of the data for a message type and, as a result, for the message to be exchanged</b>

data type (base unit for structure of data) - message type (a container which containes type of structure) - Message Interface (message flow direction)

You use a message interface to describe a platform-independent or programming-language-independent interface, which you want to use to exchange messages between application components using SAP Exchange Infrastructure. Depending on the communication parameters defined for a message interface, it can either have the task of sending a request (outbound) or receiving a request (inbound).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/c5633c3a892251e10000000a114084/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a5/04623c4f69b712e10000000a114084/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/60/00623c4f69b712e10000000a114084/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3f/01623c4f69b712e10000000a114084/content.htm

<b>2)what is the use of Interface mapping?we have message mapping Program...so again why do we require interface mapping?where are these both can be executed at run time?</b>

if you want to map the message structure from on structure to another you should have mapping program, to register this mapping program in integration server you require interface mapping.

<b>A mapping refers to the mapping of interfaces or messages to other interfaces or messages</b>

A message mapping refers to a mapping of messages and is supported by a graphical mapping editor. The editor enables you to design a structure mapping between any two XML structures and connect to a value mapping.

The mapping tool generates Java source code from the graphical mapping description, which is then compiled and packed in a JAR file that the Integration Engine executes at runtime

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/1ebc6111ea2f45a9946c702b685299/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/58cd3b11571962e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Interface mappings register your mapping program for an interface pair in the Integration Repository. If you require a mapping at runtime, it is sufficient to select the interface mapping for the interface pair at configuration time The Integration Server uses the interface mapping to identify associated mapping programs for request messages, response messages, fault messages, or all three

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/ef761a5ecfb1418b79896e10fe4c57/content.htm

Regards

Chilla..

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

As per my understanding mapping programs will be executed in JAVA chache.Here not all types of message mapping programs, except ABAP mapping all will be in java chache, but ABAP mapping program will be in ABAP chache only.

Interface mapping will be ABAP chache.It means interface mapping should register the mapping program in integration server.IE is in ABAP stack.

Please refer the following link to get more info..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e01e9400-9e81-2910-20a5-a862945a...

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from above answer

1.Data types are the most basic entity to define the structure of

XML elements

Equivalent to XML Schema (XSD).Data type editor provides all XSD basic data types.Nesting of data types possible.Export of data type in XSD format possible

Just as RFC parameters are based on data types that are defined in the Data

Dictionary, XI message types are based on data types that are defined on XSD

types.

Structures can be created in the Data Type editor and reused in other structures

(nesting).

message type :

The Message type corresponds to the root of the XML message

Name and namespace must match exactly the root of XML

Business documents.The Message type references one single data type

XSD representation available for export.The message type describes what the actual payload message of an XI interface

will look like.

The message type name in the Integration Repository corresponds to the root

element of the instantiated xml document.

Each XI message type references (is based on) exactly one XI data type.

Graphical mapping tool

Graphically define mapping rules between source and target

message types

Queue-based model allows for handling of extremely large

documents

Drag-and-drop

Generates internal Java code

Built-in and user-defined functions (in Java)

Integrated testing tool

N:M mapping possible – for use with BPM only!

Representation of the mapping at the interface level

Assign mapping program(s) between source and target

message types:

Message mapping

XSLT mapping

Custom Java mapping

ABAP mapping

Mapping programs can be combined in a sequence

N:M interface mapping possible (for use with BPM only!)

For synchronous interfaces, a request and response mapping

can be provided

Regards

Chilla..

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will be executed in adapter engine during run time not in integration engine.

Cheers,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please reply me....

1)Where will be the message mapping and Interface Mapping will be get executed?

Is both are executed in the java stack..if so why?Is both are executed in the Abap stack .....if so why?

Regards,

Sekhar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Except ABAP Mapping all other mappings are exectuted on the Java Stack.

The TCP IP Connection AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER is used to allow the Integration Engine connect to the JAVA Stack during RunTime and to execute the mapping program.

Reason that all Mapping programs are executed on the Java Stack is that Internally these are converted into a Java Class that uses SAX parser including Graphical Mapping!

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

AS you mentioned that except abap mapping all other mappings are on the java stack?

you meanto say is message mapping and interface mapping also run in the java stack.

can you please be more clear.

Regards.

Sekhar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interface Mapping is a container / wrapper for your mapping program.Your mapping program including Java , XSLT and Graphical mapping are executed on the JAVA Stack.

Like I mentioned, in the runtime, in your piple line steps , during the EXECUTE MAPPING step, the AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER is used to connect from the ABAP stack to the Java stack and your mapping is executed in the JAVA stack only.

Regards

Bhavesh

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some times we need to create our required Message type that's depending upon our requirement.( Some times there is already existing xsd file, at that time we need not create any Data types).

(Message interface hold the message type and mode of communucation(outbound/inbound,syn/asyn/abs). Interface mapping tells the route between the outbound interface and inbound interface and also gives mapping information. Here mapping(G,A,J,XSLT) nothing but, logic we have used between the source message type and target message type.

Regards,

Deviprasad.

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>1)what is the main differnce for Datatypes and Message types?I know that Datatypes are the xsd strcutre for a message,we have DataTypes and why do we have Message types again.I did not see any specific use of Message types?</i>

>>A data type is a basic unit for defining the structure of the XML data used

to exchange messages with the use of SAP Exchange Infrastructure but where as

a message type is made of a data type and <b>describes the structure of a message on a higher level then the data type</b>.we can simply say that it just like an envelope for the letter.

<i>2)what is the use of Interface mapping?we have message mapping Program...so again why do we require interface mapping?where are these both can be executed at run time?</i>

>>Mappings enables the XI to change both the structure and values of messages processed inside it.We segregated the message mapping and interface mapping in order to overcome the complexities in mapping.An interface mapping can hold multiple message mappings.

This are executed in integration engine during run time.

Thanx,

Prasanthi.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>1)what is the main differnce for Datatypes and Message types?I know that Datatypes are the xsd strcutre for a message,we have DataTypes and why do we have Message types again.I did not see any specific use of Message types?</b>

consider in your scenario where a message type is shared by couple of interface objects. As you know the very first step in creating a DT and assigning the DT to a MT. If there is no room for a MT the you would land up in redefining the same structure multiple times. Use of MT avoids this development constraints. This is interms of development and quite simple. But there are other factors which influcenes which can be experienced once we start working on this.

<b>2)what is the use of Interface mapping?we have message mapping Program...so again why do we require interface mapping?where are these both can be executed at run time?</b>

The same explanation can be apllied to it.

If you are an ABAP'er you can understand the need of PERFORM, workareas etc. The same concept applies out here.

Thkx

Prabhu

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1)what is the main differnce for Datatypes and Message types?I know that Datatypes are the xsd strcutre for a message,we have DataTypes and why do we have Message types again.I did not see any specific use of Message types?</i>

>>>>

the same question i asked ages back once

ref: https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=931414&messageID=870873

<i>2)what is the use of Interface mapping?we have message mapping Program...so again why do we require interface mapping?where are these both can be executed at run time?</i>

>>>

in interface mapping it actually specifies the relation between your interface (o/b, i/b or abstract) and the mapping program between them. Also note that your XSLT, JAVA , ABAP mapping is specified at the interface mapping level.