cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any troubles with high rdisp/max_wprun_time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any unpredictable negative effects while setting this parameter large values (for example, 1000 or 2000 seconds?)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

The only negative effect i can see is that if all wp take long running jobs you'll have a bottle neck and requests will end in delays...

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points helpful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel Danilov,

You can increase the value but this increases the chance of work processes being blocked (eventual system standstill situations possible). I assume you have reviewed note <a href="http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/25528">25528</a> and other documentation about this parameter. There can be some reasons why 600 is not high enough also for current needs..

Normally if you have very long running database accesses, than this indicates that the program is in a loop or no suitable index exist for this access so that a full table scan is performed or the optimizer has a problem with the statement.

You can check as well if the reason for the long running task is:

- Overload of the SAP System and/or of the database

- Waiting for locks in the DB

Regards, Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan Reyes

Prince Jose

Mark Nyhan

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In production systems < 1800 is the highest value I would say. Too many time consuming dialog processes will cause other performance problems in your system, so its not a good idea to increase this parameter. You should run long running reports in background.

Thanks

Prince