cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher Exitcode=-2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever I try to start my NW04 J2EE, the dispatcher won't start but fails with Exitcode=-2. All the other services start OK. It has been workin before, but suddenly stopped when I installed a Portal licence (I think that's what did it, but I'm not sure). I can see it tries with a different Pid from attempt to attempt. The parameters in the configtool have not been changeg since it worket.

Any ideas ???

Thanx, Erik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could see in the log files that my VM settings for max. and initial heap size weren't consistent (haven't changed them though). Tried to reduce them both from 512 to 256 - and then my dispatcher worked again.

Not very logical - but it solved my problem. Will try to reduce back to 512 again later and see if it'll still work.

Regards, Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Erik.

Congrats that your system is recovered!

And let me add one thing. Please refer to Note 723909(regarding the dispatcher, this note also applies not only EP but also J2EE in general). You don't need to set more than 170m for the dispatcher. Usually, the dispatcher never use more than this.

It would be better to reserve as much memory as possible for the server processes.

Thanks.