Did you mean: 

How to change the amount allowed of depre.area for unplanned depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I want to post unplanned depreciation, T-code: ABAA

the system prompt:

<i>In area 01, you can only post manual dep. up to the amount 0.00

Message no. AA649</i>

I did not find where to change the amount in IMG, please kindly tell me if you know how to do it,thanks and regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

try tcode OABU

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OABU only indicates the sign is positive or negative, it does not specify the allowed unplanned depreciation amount of the depreciation area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if Note 50761 - Unplanned and regular depreciation can be of some help.

Summary

Symptom

How does an unplanned depreciation affect regular depreciation calculated by the system?

Other terms

Depreciation, AA649

Reason and Prerequisites

Solution

Unplanned depreciation does not influence the depreciation calculated by the system in the current year. It only affects the calculations of the following years.

Otherwise, depreciation on a certain net book value would not be possible since the effect of the depreciation is not necessarily predictable.

If you want the unplanned depreciation to affect the net book value not only for the amount posted, you need to adjust the value according to the posting.

You should generally check whether you may alternatively use this transaction as a write-up. A write-up is a correction of the depreciation of the past. Unlike an unplanned depreciation, the write-up influences the regular depreciation in the current year in the case of net book value depreciation.

How can I prematurely depreciate a fixed asset whose net book value in the current year is zero due the scheduled depreciation?

If, in this case, you post an unplanned depreciation, the system displays error message AA 649 due to the above-mentioned reasons.

To achieve the desired result, choose one of the following options:

1. Change the depreciation key to 'Immediate depreciation'. In the next posting run, the book value of the fixed asset is zero.

2. Change the depreciation key to 'Manual depreciation'. Use transaction type 600/610 to post the ordinary depreciation up to the present. Post the unplanned depreciation.

3. Post a negative write-up. To do so, simply enter a negative amount.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik T R N,

Thanks for your new clue that using write-up instead of unplanned depreciation, I tried accordingly by T-code:ABZU, but the system does not allow and give me the message AA402;

You cannot post write-ups

Message no. AA402

Diagnosis

None of the areas to be posted in accordance with the transaction type entered manages one of the depreciation types entered or cumulative values.

Procedure

Check the transaction type.

How to resolve this prolem?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Thanks for your helpful suggestions. I mark this question as answered since I found the answer, that using T-code: OAXE, I can assign the allowed transaction type for the write-up or unplanned deprecition process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yulong xiao,

I have made the set up in Transaction Code OXAE. I gone to transaction code ABAA and made the run for transaction type 640, but same error has occured"Only 0.00 is postable".

Can u just guide me out? please am in urgent need.

regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Transaction type 640 is for unplanned depreciation of assets acquired in previous years, while 650 is for those acquired in the current year. Make sure that you use the right transation type in ABAA. This should solve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Tcode OABU you just select All values allowed for that dep area then it will allow you to post any amt of unplanned dep.

reward pts if useful.

regds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narang:

Thanks, but I tried before in the way you mentioned, unlucky, I got the same message from the system, that the depreciation area only allows amount up to 0.00