cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency -- Dropdown by key to display values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my project i have a model attribute which gives currency values.

I have binded this to a dropdown by key UI Element.

In the dropdown it is displaying description

For eg: for USD it is displaying United States Dollar

whereas i want to display USD in the dropdown.

Please suggest me in this regard.

Regards,

Nidhideep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you have to use dropdown by index as the values are populating from the backend. If you use dropdown by key then it automatically populates the value range given for the currency field(domain level) for that particular field.

So use the droodown by index instead of dropdown by key.

Regards,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already tried it. But drop down by index is actually used for multi element node. When i binded my attribute to dropdown by index it has display empty list.

Regards,

Nidhideep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It should be bound to the attribute under under the <b>output</b> node. more over the attribute bounded to dropdown by index should be populated in the R/3 or BAPI.

When it is bound to dropdown by key it will automatically take the value range from the domain level of the field. but when it is bound to dropdown by index the attribute should be populated in the RFC.

Regards,

gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Nidhideep,

I didnt get your problem, i will give you a suggestion what i expected . create a simple type name currency in the Enumeratio tab add the currencis as Name value Pairs like Name=USD ?Value=Unsitaed Stae Dollr. like bind this simpletype to an attribute and bind it with dropdown by key . then in dropdown you can get the Name Only like USd..

regards,

Naga Raju