cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro DC Deploy Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a WebDynpro DC project that references a Java DC project. All the builds work, but the deploy fails stating unresolved dependency on the java dc. When I deploy using the Visual Admin, pointing to the WebDynpro ear file, the deploy works successfully. Any ideas what I might be doing incorrect? Thanks.

Here is the error message for that:

Mar 7, 2005 12:20:50 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] WARNING:

[007]Deployment finished with warning

Settings

SDM host : localhost

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/HASNAI1/LOCALS1/Temp/temp48404hp.comMCUI.ear

Result

=> deployment not executed : file:/C:/DOCUME1/HASNAI1/LOCALS1/Temp/temp48404hp.comMCUI.ear

Unresolved dependencies found for the following SDAs:

1.: development component 'MCUI'/'hp.com'/'DMP_NWOMS_D'/'20050307115019'

dependency:

name: 'OBJMODEL'

vendor: 'hp.com'

Deployment will be aborted.

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, Java DC could not be deployed separately, but your WebDynpro DC somehow assumes this. Typically it is due to incorrect type of public part of Java DC used in WebDynpro DC.

Ensure public part(s) from your Java DC havs type <b>compilation</b> and it will be included in WebDynpro DC or EJB EAR.

Also check <b>Sharing References</b> for your WebDynpro DC -- you may not define reference to Java DC.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have compilation turned on for the Java DC.

I dont have any sharing references. What should the reference be to? It just asks me for a name and doesnt validate that to any existing Java DCs.

Thanks.

Hasnain

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many flags have you specified for used dc? Check .dcdef file -- there are should be no <b>runtime</b> settings, only <b>build</b> time.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I have only the build flag specified, but apparently there is a bug so that all the flags are selected. When I specifically opened the .dcdef file and removed the deploy and runtime elements, leaving only the build element, it works fine.

Thanks for your help.

Hasnain

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be one of those quirky Netweaver Dev Studio 'features'. I think it has to do with the alphabetic naming of your DCs and not the fact that it is a Java component.

I am guessing that your have MCUI component and OBJMODEL component, and you reference the MCUI component with the OBJMODEL component as a runtime dependency. If you have selected MCUI and OBJMODEL and clicked deploy, it could be that dev studio tries to deploy MCUI before it deploys OBJMODEL ( since they are in that sequence alphabetically ), it cannot find OBJMODEL deployed, so it craps out.

The next time, OBJMODEL is already in the server, so deploying MCUI resolves this dependency correctly. If I am correct, you should be able to deploy MCUI now from dev studio and it won't give you any errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, everytime I deploy it, I get the same behaviour. I have another Java DC component, that's name CMPOBJ, and the same behaviour with that too. I dont think its Dev Studio's "feature" this time.

Hasnain