cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SP-stack using JSPM

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've applied all SP-STACK for my ERP2005. It went through without major problems. The documentation says we can apply kernel and SPstacks for both ABAP and JAVA. The tool is quite cool and I thought it was going to be a good replacement for SPAM...

After it was all done, I logged to my ABAP webas and is SAP system info is not updated. It looks like the JSPM can only be used for the JAVA stack and the kernel.

Is this right?

Thanks

Leonardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

JSPM is only for applying Kernel Patches and J2EE patches as well as installing new Java Business Packages. for ABAP you still have to use ABAP support package tool SPAM/SAINT.

Thanks

Ahmed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

when you apply SP then both ABAP and Java stacks should be in sink with each other. you can apply the Java spport packs by downloading the corresponding SAPinst.exe file from support packs and execute that. (for more on this refer to the Master guide or Installation Guide, in that they will specify the method for Java stack upgrade).

you can JSPM also, for using JSPM, you need to log on to the server as "<sid>adm" and under "JSPM" directory you will find "go.bat" file, the look and feel of that will be quite similar to SAPInst.exe. in this select the appropriate components and continue.

more on this, refer this note.

Note 891983 - JSPM: Central SAP Note SAP NetWeaver 2004s AS Java

hope this info helps you!

with regards,

raj.

<i>pls, award points</i>

Message was edited by:

Rajesh Mutharaju

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I am asking is to confirm that JSPM cannot apply ABAP support packs.

JSPM is up to date and hotpacks are being applied using SPAM.

Thanks

Leonardo