cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver 2004s Java Trial Version on Windows Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to install SAP NetWeaver 2004s Java Trial Version for three days now on Windows Vista Ultimate. Since Microsoft has a new security infrastructure implemented in Windows Vista, it is not that easy to install SAP NetWeaver 2004s Java Trial Version. Windows Vista has some sort of User-account security. In summary, in Windows Vista, you are logged in as an administrator, but when it comes to change system files or do registry entries, you or respectivly third party programs (e.g. SAP NetWeaver 2004s Java Trial Version installer) has no rights to do things like registry entries. There is a possibility to rightclick on the setup.bat file and start it in administrative mode, but that doesn't change a thing.

I hope you guys get my problem.

This is the error log:

WARNING 2007-01-28 21:09:35

Error 5 (acces denied

) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (69), with parameter (SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS).

WARNING 2007-01-28 21:09:35

The Subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

ERROR 2007-01-28 21:09:35

MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

ERROR 2007-01-28 21:09:35

FCO-00011 The step collect with step key |NW_Java_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_GetSidNoProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|collect was executed with status ERROR .

Please help!

yours

erik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows Vista isn't on the support matrix of SAP Netweaver 2004s!

you may play arround with regedit and chaning the security settings of SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS key. SAPinst is doing a KEY_ALL_ACCESS when enumerating the services registry.

Starting with Vista some registry values have special protection which do not allow administrators to open them with KEY_ALL_ACCESS.

peter