cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just started supporting Oracle Databases for SAP Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys/Girls,

I am working as oracle dba for the past 7 years, but this is the first time, I got an opportunity to adminster databases supporting SAP systems. I am doing search on SAP Network, and gathered information on BRTOOLS, SAPGUI etc., but could not find the details what I am looking for like, database objects growth rate, sap-oracle database performance specific details, as a oracle dba what are the DOs&DONTs etc., After made a lot of search on google, I found a book from O'Reilly, but that book covers older SAP, and Oracle versions. Our Client uses oracle 9i, and 10g primarily.

I am confident as a Oracle DBA supporting non-sap systems, but not SAPsystems. Is any one of you pls., suggest me or provide me some guide lines in terms of Database Management.

Appreciate your time!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi

Greate to meet another DBA in forum.The big problem we will face is SQL Tune.

Nothing much Diffnt supporting SAP.SAP PRovided some ready made tools to monitor and to solve.Reg tuning still we can follow same methoda but with approval from SAP or by ref SAP notes.Which u can find at service market place.

You can find some PDfs in sap market place and sdn.Which are ex'ly for DBas.

Reg Growth rate you can have a look on sap transactions and there are some notes also.I dont think there is specific Book or Doc which will say Dos and donts.

Performance we used to follow same methoda as a Dbas with ref of sap notes and support for any side effects.

let me know if are in need of any specific info

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thanks alot for your response! I read something on BRGUI tool, and about to explore on how to install,and use etc., Any ideas/suggestions on this is much appreciated.

thanks again,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

BRGui is Java-based graphical user interface for the BR*Tools database administration. You can download it from https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/ora.also check note 611493 which will be of very helpful .

Thanks

Prince

Note: Pls assign points if its help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go through this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/ac/8a6139ee84d20ee10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

it will give you an idea about how to use brtools and you an overview of database administration for Oracle databases running with the SAP System

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Prince Jose. The suggested link is very useful. Appreciate your time!