Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

WDJ on the march in Venezuela !

So I'm working at the office on a quickie front-end to IW41 and I get a call from Venezuela - a student without SDN access at Metropolitan University in Caracas has a question about a research project that he's doing.

His project is about the new Campus Management System Metropolitan University is putting up using SAP's CM module with a WDJ front-end that is being custom-written by some consulting firm down there. (I assume its WDJ and not custom Java because he said the company was front-ending CM with "Netweaver".

He wanted to know whether the succession of inout, output, and input/output views displayed to the user should be considered one transaction or multiple transactions, so I gave him the 25-word-or-less drill on the notion of "service" and told him that if the company was writing the system correctly, the WDJ should using and consuming services via SAP XI. (I wanted to get that marketing plug in there in case they were using NW WDJ without XI ...)

Ah - the power of SDN ... calls from Venezuela on a Saturday morning!!!

BTW, this goes to the point I have often made at SDN about how SAP should be doing more in the universities to teach students SAP. As I've pointed out, this is how the Unix folks originally beat IBM big iron - they gave Unix away for free to Universities when IBM was still charging $1M for MVS on top of the HW costs.

Get 'em while they're young .,. that's what I say ... it always works.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question