0 Kudos

<b>Can anyone explain clearly how SCAT is useful?</b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SCAT is very usefull if you want to do a job repeatedly.

using SCAT you can record a transaction and create a template in txt format and edit with excel (for data input) and use it as and when required.

For example

Modifiying multiple roles.

Modifying multiple users.

I have explained in details step by step for many of the forum posts.

If you need for a particular t-code I can expalin in detail.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SCAT is a script which can be used for creation/modification of mass users, user groups, roles.

It actually works on basis of recording a transaction.

For example If you want to create multiple users, than you run SCAT and record the SU01 screen. After the recording is done, the record file should be downloaded onto our system and make necessary changes and save it as .txt file.

Finally you need to run the script which is created to create the multiple users.

Contact at navabothus@yahoo.com in case you need a detailed documentation on SCAT.

Thank You.

Please reward points if it helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SCAT is mainly for multi user creation or if you want to set the passowrd for multi users then you can use this transaction codes.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

And I think we can also able to create multiple roles and deletion of bulk roles can be done ...

and how can we achieve this can plz explain in detail.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not gong to do your work for you, we only advise. SCAT is very usefull for every repeating task if you have to do large numbers, Scat is a recorder option in SAP that can be rpeated multple times via an Input spreadsheet. her is how to http://sapecc.com/tutorials/secat.htm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally SCAT is useful to reduce the repetition work. Basis side it s useful to create mass users and mass role modification.

ex. we want to remove a transaction from 30 -40 roles.

we will run scat scripts and finish the work.

(before going to Production environment please check on sandbox. if I am wrong correct me. - thanks.)

details: call SCAT -> enter a name -> click on create -> click on record button -> and then start executing your required transaction.

this link will give you full info.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/ae/410b37233f7c6fe10000009b38f936/frameset.htm