cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Integrate DERBY Database to XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am tying to store an XML format data recieved from a web service to Derby Database of Netbeans Studio.

Is this possible then which XI adapter should I use in the Communication channel configuration?

Any help will be great?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you planning to upload the database. Are you planning to go with direct DB access from XI oe any shared folder,where you store this data and then some batch program etc uploads the database..

First of all sender side, you can use SOAP adapter as you mentioned it is a Webservice.. But in the receiver I am not sure JDBC adapter does support this.. first of all you can find out about database properties, drivers etc.. like MS SQL etc..

Then you can think of JDBC adapter. Else, you can dump the file into database repository and then some other job will upload the data..

Just my views

Rgds,

Moorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco!

Thanx for uur help. Can u please tell me from where I can get this Derby.jar file.

Thanks n Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

probably you'll find derby.jar somewhere in the installation path of netbeans.

Alternatively you can download derby from <a href="http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html">Apache Derby: Downloads</a>, just pay attention and download the same version you are using.

Hope this help

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

i think you can use th jdbc communicational channel.

What you need is to follow this how to

<a href="https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700007048402005E/HowInstallExternalDrivers.zip">How to Install and Configure External Drivers</a>

The jar containing the jdbc driver is derby.jar, the class is org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver, and the connection string is somethin like this:

jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sample

Hope this help

Francesco