cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add New Key Figure in SNP Planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have got scenario where we need to add one more keyfigure of type Forecast in SNP planning area.

If anyone has done this before, please let me know what is the procedure and dependencies in SNP planning.

Also i want to know what settings i have to put for this.

Your help is appreciated...

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

Are you absolutely certain you need to add another Forecast keyfigure in the SNP Planning Area. Please note the customer SNP Planning area is normally a copy of the standard SNP Planning Area 9ASNP02. The reason being the keyfigure (Order Series) you add needs to be updated in all relevant macros. Moreover adding a keyfigure results in the relative position of keyfigures in Interactive Planning Table to be changed which results in the keyfigures (rows or cells) in macro to be disturbed.

If you need to add another keyfigure then add it in your SNP Planning Area in Change mode (you need to delete the timeseries for all initialised versions). Once you add a keyfigure, in Keyfigure Details - choose Semantic as 000, suitable Keyfigure Function (please note you cannot reuse an already assigned Keyfigure Function), Category Group and Category. You need to do this for the added keyfigure to all the aggregated.

Then you need update the planning book and data view for the added keyfigure. Next modify and update all the macros in the SNP data views. Then keep your fingers crossed and test with actual data and see if the results make sense. If its a new Forecast keyfigure then the Total Demand keyfigure should reflect this added keyfigure value. Then it should be considered by the SNP Heuristic for Net Requirement Planning.

Hope this gives some idea.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

First of all i would like to say Thanks for your detailed reply.

Whatever you have mentioned, i already have done it but the problem comes with Key figure functions which i need to assign as i cant reuse the standard forecast function 1002 , 1003.

I'm not changing the standard Planning area, have copied the standard 9ASNP02.

Also i have created my own planning books changed the macros wherever changes are required.

As Key figure function is very much required to make the kefigure considered in Planning.. Now how can i go further , i mean any workaround....

Also if you have documents for these changes, can you please send it to me.

My mail id : Jagadeesh.kondala@gmail.com

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

I believe you are using DP as well for forecasting. In that case you can consider using the additional keyfigure in DP, add it using a macro to your Total/Consensus forecast keyfigure and then release from DP to SNP. In such a case you have the other forecast data already incorporated in your Forecast keyfigure in SNP.

Thanks,

Somnath

PS: I have no documents with me for what I described. I just tried out in system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

We have got requirement such a way that forecast needs to be differenciated in SNP. Thats the reason i'm trying to add new keyfigure to my own planning area.

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

You can create your own Keyfigure function by adding appropriate entries in database table /SAPAPO/KZFUNC. Once added and saved you have the new keyfigure function available to you in Keyfigure Details in Planning Area administration. You can then proceed as mentioned earlier in adding a new keyfigure.

Hope this helps resolving your problem.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath:

Could you please elaborate on your statement <b>adding a keyfigure results in the relative position of keyfigures in Interactive Planning Table to be changed which results in the keyfigures (rows or cells) in macro to be disturbed</b>.

As I have added 2 keyfigures a standard keyfig for Reservation (MR, MRP element)and custmize keyfig for Inspection lot(QM , MRP element). I am not sure how this gonna effect but if you could explain how do I update the macros. I am using a Planning area which is a copy of 9ASNP02.

Thank you

Mono

Former Member
0 Kudos

The macros know the Kf used in them by their position in the table (or planning book)

If you change the position of a KF in a table by adding a new Kf its possible that the macro has now got the KF mixed up.

so it is good practice to go back and check your macros are refering to the KF you wanted them to in the first place

Its also possible they are not affected if you say for eg added the new KF right in the end of the planning book/data view

So in your case... go to the macro books you are using with the new planning book / planning area and ensure they are not affected by these new KF

Its also good practice not to append a question to a question from another user

Answers (0)