cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup in SAN Enviroment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our new SAP landscape we have HP SAN (with 800GB single LTO) enviroment for taking backup of SAP data. We also have Open View which is backup utility provided by HP. My question is how we should take our backup and can we utilize thrd party tool (Open View) to take SAP data backup. Plz give your suggestion on this or suggest some SAP note related to this scenario.

Thanks and regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The HP Dataprotector is easy to use.

Backups taken with it will be shown in Db12.

You need to configure cell manager, HP can help you do that.

Share your experience with me also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HP Disk Split backup is something else that you can consider. Very fast and efficient for Large databases. Takes less than 5 minutes to backup a 2TB database.

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

if you use HP Dataprotector (Backup-Tool from the Open View Suite) its quiet easy.

Use the SAP Integration (with Backint).from Dataprotector.

Install the Backup Agent on SAP-System, configure the Backup on the Cell-Server,

ready.

We run every night a full Backup with one LTO3-Drive. Our DB-Size is 240GB and the

backup runtime approx. 70 min.

Regards

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

First of all thanx for replying my queery....:)) After taking backup through DP are you able to see the backup history in DB12 related to last sucessfull backup taken?

With regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share the size of your database? Large, Medi, small?

Former Member
0 Kudos

isn't there a <b>backint</b> interface from HP Openview to brbackup?

Ask HP, they should know that

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used to vertrais for backup , you need buy more compent for R3 and oracle for openview backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thanks a lot for replying my query…I have looking for the same for longtime…:)) Can you please share your experience with Veritas integration SAP backup tools and plz answer my queries? So that I can plan as per your scenario…

What are the components we need to buy? And from whom HP or SAP?

How you have integrated with SAP brtools?

How you have changed the LT0 label as per init<sid>.ora?

You are taking backup through brtools or DB13?

How much user friendly is this?

If you can share your backup strategy…would br very helpful for me and any document related to same.

With regards,

Amit