Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can fault messages be used with RFC adapter? Please help

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have read that fault messages are used for handling exceptions which don't occur in normal situations. Like division by zero, remote system down, number overflow, etc. Am I right? Is there something more fault messages can be used for?

Moreover I have read that fault messages can be used only woth PROXY. Is it correct? If that is the case then how to handle system exceptions with RFC adapter?

Please help me.

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Like division by zero, remote system down, number overflow, etc. Am I right? Is there something more fault messages can be used for?</i>

All application errors/faults can be handled as fault messages(division by zero). Incidents such as 'System down' and 'System errors' donot qualify under fault messages, but they fall under the system error category.

<i>

how to handle system exceptions with RFC adapter?</i>

You need to configure, the RFC to throw exceptions for the required conditions.

These exceptions can then be used as fault messages in synch interfaces.

Regards,

Smitha.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For RFCs, you can write Exception logics in the RFC and you can send the response back to XI. from there you can map and do the neccessary exception handlings.

For more on Fault Messages-

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

fault messages are generally for application-specific errors, not the system errors and yes it used for proxy applications.

In case of an sync RFC adapter, if system error happens you can immediately catch it in the response and in case of async call you can check the error in adapter monitoring in RWB.