cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer and DashBoard reporting with BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have heard about VC and DB reporting...what is the connection between them and BI/BW.

1. Do we use VC as a mediator to publish BI queries in Portal.

2. Then does thiswork like WAD in BI which we use to build our query and publish it in EP.

3.i think we need iviews to publish in EP so if VC isused then do we still need Iviews.

4. What exactly is Dash Board reporting and how different is it from our BEX.

can somebody give me advantages and disadvantages of DashBoard and VC and how to work them like details of functions and tools available with them.

thanks and regards

Neelkamal

Message was edited by:

Neel Kamal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

1) with Visual Composer you have access on BI queries. You can display the data in tables or as chart. You can build a consistent analytic application, which meet your process requirements. You can also integrate a planning application with WAD, then you have reporting and planning in one application. There are a lot of possibilities with VC. It's called a tool for modelling analytical applications. But I think VC is more than that.

2) It's similar to WAD, but with VC it's easier to build an application. You need not a long training period. Your application development is model driven. If you deploy a model you get an iView, which you can use immediatly via PCD (with WAD you first have to create your iView in the portal).

3) VC applications are also iViews as I mentioned it above.

4) It's difficult to say, what is different. VC is easy to use, you needn't any programming language, the application development is faster, I think the application with flash has a better look and feel then Web Dynpro (my personal opinion) and so on. Chech it out and you will love it, to develop applications with VC.

It's difficult to say something about the advantages and disadvantages, because this depends on your requirements. And you can also combine BEx WAD with VC. For example, I had to develop an application with a complex chart, which the VC doesn't support atm, that's why I decided to use WAD for the charts and VC for the rest of this application.

Try VC and read the VC wiki and modeler's guide, the you get a feeling for the tools.

Best Regards,

Marcel