cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

without BPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Newbie here. We need to connect to a R3 system and call a BAPI that returns the master list for the products under a particular category and transform the result from BAPI as a XML file and put it in a FTP location.

This needs to start whenever a input file is dropped in the FTP location (this contains the catergory)

Can we do this without using the BPM? If yes, how?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i dont think its possible without BPM as file adapter does not support synchronous message transfer.

this should help u out more

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think RFC Lookup is the best solution to your problem. Going for BPM might give performance issue.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use DBLookup .

Please see the links

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2006/10/25/how-to-check-jdbc-sql-query-syntax-and-verify-the-query-results-inside-a-user-defined-function-of-the-lookup-api

/people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/03/30/wrapping-your-mapping-lookup-api-code-in-easy-to-use-java-classes

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

Regards

Chilla..

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So ur scenario is File>XI>RFC(R/3)>XI>File.

It is easily achievable thru BPM. If you use BPM, it is not required to have Async/Sync Bridge for this.

Without BPM, in one interface, I dont think it is possible.-

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

There's a feature that came out in SP19 that allows you create an async/sync bridge (and vice versa) without BPM. It uses new modules delivered within the adapter framework.

I haven't tried this yet myself, but there's a HTG (How-To Guide) out there on this topic:

<a href="http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000049832007E/HowToBridgingwithoutBPM04s.pdf">How To Realize a sync-async and async-sync bridge within ADF</a>

In your case, section 3.1 (Async-Sync-Bridge at Sender Site) would be most relevant.

Regards,

Jin