Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document attachment in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody ,

We are hainvg SAP on DB2 and AS/400

I have a quesetion regarding attachmenet done in SAP .

1. Where the documents are stored in SAP ?

2. Are all documents are stored in single file or database table ?

3. How can we delete them ?

Thanks in Advance .

Dhaval Raje

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

On the deletion part of your question... You can delete attachments from the attachment list (Services --> Services for object --> Attachment list icon). Depending on your support package level you may need to implement SAP Note 583136 first. Transaction OAER is another way to manage attachments to an object (you'll need to know the object type first, e.g., sales document is BUS2032).

Regards,

Stan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I am PM consultant in India. Here I am creating PM order using IW31 nad there are certain formats which are not accomodated in the Order and are required to be attached as document as PC attachment. Here the issue comes one cannot have list editing to include the document attached so as to know the details of attachment and explore more about it.

The table containing the document details and order no connection is not known.

regards,

Neeraj Kathuria

+919810694605.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

Have a look at SAP Note 530792 (Storing documents in the generic object services). It describes where documents are stored when stored in the database by Generic Object Services (GOS). SAP Note 491271 (Authorizations for generic object services) describes how to control authority to storing documents in the database.

Your SAP license includes the SAP Content Server so you have the ability to store attachments in an external system without much additional cost. The downside of the SAP Content Server is that it doesn't run on OS/400 so you have to have a Windows or *nix server in your landscape. Backup coordination also becomes an issue when you store the documents on a separate server. We FTP the Content Server backup file to the iSeries so it is included on our iSeries backup. This allows us to keep documents out of the operational database, but provides us with a common backup for recovery purposes. We're currently running the SAP Content Server on Windows, but may consider a Linux partition in the future.

HTH,

Stan

JanStallkamp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi. Dhaval.

Can you be a little more precise about your question? Which kind of documents are you having problems with? Perhaps anyone can help you if we get a little bit more information about the kind of problem you want to solve.

Best regards,

Jan Stallkamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan ,

For example whenever we attach any documents in me22n or any other transaction.

Just wanted to know does the syetem saves the entry referring the attached document , in any particular table ?

Thanks in advance .

Dhaval Raje