cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

special character in receiving file

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone.

i have implemented file to file scenario. I am getting file at my receiving end.

IN my receiver CC i have mentioned endSeparator as 'nl' , but when file gets created it shows special charater (box shaped) separating each record.

any idea where m going wrong ?

thanks,

gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I know in what format you are storing the target file and in what tool you are opening the target file.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when i opened that txt file in notepad , m getting that special rectangle character but when i opened it in wordpad, its coming perfectly.

what does this rectangle char is ??? when we specify endSeparator as 'nl' then do we need to open it in wordpad only ????

thanks,

pooja

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the adapter of Receiver Target dir...what is the format you have mentioned..If it is .txt , The file should be fine.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, its .txt but as i said , i can see that special char when i open it in notepad and output look perfect if i open it in wordpad.

i dont know why notepad is not considering 'nl' as new line character and replacing it with the special char

thanks,

pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

Just give endseparator as '0x0D''0x0A' instead of 'nl'. This is the hexadecimal representation of new line. I think then it should work.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you specify 'nl' as new line character, its like \n on windows. In windows some applications like wordpad understands and accepts it, but in notepad for a new line it expects \n\r , so thats why you are seeing that box.

hope this helps.