cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination host...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do I add in the field of detination host under the tab Access Method in SPAD ?

Please help.

Note: I have been to SAP documentation site but it is not very helpful.

Regards,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You can use U or S acces method. Both of them almost the same one. But SAP recommend you to use S access method than U because your data is compressed when SAP server sent it to your client when you are using S access method.

Destination host is mean IP or hostname holding SAPLPD/LPD daemon for printer. SAP call it remote host spool.

ardhian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

One correction to your statement.

Actually it is the print server and not spool server. Spool server is nothing but your SAP server(s).

Hi Rajesh,

What Prince has suggested is technically correct. Destination host field will be needed by and large only when you are using remote printing or local printing.

In case of remote printing destination host field will contain server details (IP address/hostname string) of the remote print server on which the printers are actually configured. Normally your windows NT print server.

In case of local printing your application server will become your destination host. Choose host spool method as L and automatically your SAP server details will get populated here. This is one case where spool server and print server are the same.

Please award points for useful answers.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for correcting ...

Thanks

Prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of printing ypu are using ? Remote printing or local printing ? I think you are using Remote priting ( U Berkely protocol ) then you have to give the Spool server host name there

THanks

Prince Jose