cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports exposed to Internet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to know if I can open only port 80 to Internet and acces all my servers with EP?

My landscape is something like this:

1) Was 6.40 with BW 3.5 and EP 6.0 in the same Instance (ABAP + JAVA).

2) Was 6.20 with R/3 Enterprise

3) SAP WebDispatcher redirecting port 80 and root to port 81XX and /irj

This functioning well from Internet, but I need to open all the requiered ports 5XX00 for EP, 80XX for both WAS and 1433 for the MSSQL for the Query iViews, and forward all this ports to the corresponding servers with the Router and use the same External address in all the Systems definition in the EP System Administration.

Is there a way to use the Internal names an that the portal solves the routing, so I can only expose the 80 port to access the Portal?

Thanks in Advance,

Sebastian Merlo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Please check OSS note 561885. it describes usage of proxy urls.Though it is not for your release it gives a generic idea. Also check the related OSS notes in this note. Particularily note number 731410. Additionally please also check OSS note 805344.

Please award points for useful information.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thank you for your response, the notes you mention are for other releases, but it was a good point of start.

I found part of the answer to my question, my problem was the settings in the SAP Profile parameters where I need to put the intranet name instead of the internet name.

icm/HTTP/j2ee_0 = PREFIX=/,HOST=<intranet name>,CONN=0-500,PORT=<j2ee port>

icm/host_name_full = <intranet name>

Then in the portal for the System definition I must configure the WAS system as the external name and port 80. So that the WebDispatcher and the ICM solve internaly what to do.

This work fine for the Bex, WebDynpro, BSP, integrated ITS and Portal.

The only point that I cannot solve is the way to redirect to the R/3 direclty without using another port. I guessed that I can put something in the table HTTPURLLOC that is in your notes, but I filled the table pointing to the R/3 server and nothig happens, may be I'm missing something.

Best Regards,

Sebastian

Answers (0)