cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The J2EE Filesystem is becoming 100% Full because of .zip files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a production XI System. On the java stack, the filesystem is becoming 100% full because when we go into /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS22/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/archive directory and do $ls -lrt, it is showing a "whole" bunch (more than 1,08,000) of .zip files such as .%2Flog%2FdefaultTrace.trc2389625386436.zip. Then I deleted those out of the /cluster/server0/log/archive directory and now /usr/sap is at 18%.

Can anyone let us know why this happens and why these aren't being cleaned up and if they should be cleaned up manually or if an SAP job should be running to clean these up. Or should these files be created at all? i.e. is a certain debug or trace level set that these get created. Points will be rewarded for any kind of help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

have a look to:

Note 770853 - changing the trace level in the SAP J2EE engine

Hope this help

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this still may be of interest for some Admins. It is possible to disable the Log-Archiving:

VisualAdmin -> Global or Cluster --> Server / Dispatcher -> Services - Log Configurator -> Properties: ArchiveOldLogFiles = OFF (Default: ON)

Regards

Rainer Sandmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am one mong the few...thanks a lot for sharing this information.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Try reducing your trace level setting in the integration engine configuration...do this using transaction sxmb_adm...choose item 'integration engine configuration'...

Thanks.